How to find the accomodation prices for 2017?

Watch
Ray04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Cant find the prices per room/place on the website. Just information about the different types of accommodation, I've heard you have to accept the offer to receive the prices? Can't we see the prices before we accept any offers to see if its within out budgets?
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am struggling to find it myself. I know that prices range from £150-£290 a week.

You'll have to think about travel expenses though, for example, leaving at Moonraker Point is £245/week, but is within walking distance of all campuses but Denmark Hill.

Stratford One on the other hand, is considerably less at £189/week, but it's in Stratford, which means a 15-25 minute tube into central London. Doing this everyday back and forth could cost an extra £25/week, not to mention the time and effort spent doing this, and that 9ams seem a lot more missable when so far out.

If you want, you can tell me your budget and i can find out what places would be available for you.
Ray04
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bobjim12)
I am struggling to find it myself. I know that prices range from £150-£290 a week.

You'll have to think about travel expenses though, for example, leaving at Moonraker Point is £245/week, but is within walking distance of all campuses but Denmark Hill.

Stratford One on the other hand, is considerably less at £189/week, but it's in Stratford, which means a 15-25 minute tube into central London. Doing this everyday back and forth could cost an extra £25/week, not to mention the time and effort spent doing this, and that 9ams seem a lot more missable when so far out.

If you want, you can tell me your budget and i can find out what places would be available for you.
Budget being 150-225 weekly, en suite is a must lol I'm abit OCD and cant stand the idea of sharing bathrooms. Anyway I get the higher end of the load (10k) since im from Manchester moving to London, also I will have abit of my iwn saving and weekly allowance from parents. Could you give me an insight on some preferable accomidations, en suite is a must I dont mind paying abit extra for it. Also self catered is preferable but not necessary. Cheers
Bobjim12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ray04)
Budget being 150-225 weekly, en suite is a must lol I'm abit OCD and cant stand the idea of sharing bathrooms. Anyway I get the higher end of the load (10k) since im from Manchester moving to London, also I will have abit of my iwn saving and weekly allowance from parents. Could you give me an insight on some preferable accomidations, en suite is a must I dont mind paying abit extra for it. Also self catered is preferable but not necessary. Cheers
Prices are probably going to increase but Stamford Street apartments are £200/w en-suite. This is directly opposite the Waterloo Franklin-wilkins building and around the corner from Clerk-Maxwell buildings.

Stratford One is £189 currently, same facilities as stamford street, its on the outskirts of the Olympic park, right next to Westfield.

Chapter Lewisham is currently £204 for a 'bronze en-suite' but Lewisham is far away and.. it's Lewisham.

There is also intercollegiate halls (sharing with students from UCL, QMUL, City etc..)

These are generally cheaper: http://halls.london.ac.uk/our-accommodation

All prices are on there.

I can't remember the rest of Kings halls but the rest within your budget are between 150-200, but are a fair bit out and will require tube or perhaps a long cycle.
Ray04
Rep:
?
Prices are probably going to increase but Stamford Street apartments are £200/w en-suite. This is directly opposite the Waterloo Franklin-wilkins building and around the corner from Clerk-Maxwell buildings.

Stratford One is £189 currently, same facilities as stamford street, its on the outskirts of the Olympic park, right next to Westfield.

Chapter Lewisham is currently £204 for a 'bronze en-suite' but Lewisham is far away and.. it's Lewisham.

There is also intercollegiate halls (sharing with students from UCL, QMUL, City etc..)

These are generally cheaper: http://halls.london.ac.uk/our-accommodation

All prices are on there.

I can't remember the rest of Kings halls but the rest within your budget are between 150-200, but are a fair bit out and will require tube or perhaps a long cycle.
If I get an apartment in Stamford will I be missing out on the 'student' experience in the student halls? I dont want to live in complete isolation, just want my own room and bathroom and dont mind having other people around like flatmates if you know what I mean. I dont know exactly how it works, its my first time applying/moving to uni so understandably I dont know much. Do the apartments have shared kitchens and stuff or is it literally my own apartment? I want people I can talk to and get to know who live next door/other rooms lol but still have my own personal space.
Bobjim12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ray04)
If I get an apartment in Stamford will I be missing out on the 'student' experience in the student halls? I dont want to live in complete isolation, just want my own room and bathroom and dont mind having other people around like flatmates if you know what I mean. I dont know exactly how it works, its my first time applying/moving to uni so understandably I dont know much. Do the apartments have shared kitchens and stuff or is it literally my own apartment? I want people I can talk to and get to know who live next door/other rooms lol but still have my own personal space.
Ah, the name is misleading, Stamford street is a student hall, I'm not sure of size, but you will live in a flat with others, sharing a kitchen. some halls offer studios, but they'd be far too high for your budget unless you were to live far out (or perhaps intercollegiate halls).
Ray04
Rep:
?
Ah, the name is misleading, Stamford street is a student hall, I'm not sure of size, but you will live in a flat with others, sharing a kitchen. some halls offer studios, but they'd be far too high for your budget unless you were to live far out (or perhaps intercollegiate halls).
No prob, cheers for that. Im going to firm kings so I should be able to access the student accommodation for 2017/18, just waiting on my last uni before I can even firm/decline any offers lol. Ill send you a message if I need any advice regarding kings, are you a student there or applying there yourself for 2017/18?
Bobjim12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Ray04)
No prob, cheers for that. Im going to firm kings so I should be able to access the student accommodation for 2017/18, just waiting on my last uni before I can even firm/decline any offers lol. Ill send you a message if I need any advice regarding kings, are you a student there or applying there yourself for 2017/18?
First year student currently.

Feel free to message me, although i may take a while to reply as i don't check tsr regularly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (284)
56.8%
I don't have everything I need (216)
43.2%

Watched Threads