The Student Room Group

Official WJEC Eng Lit/Lang thread 2017

After seeing many people over here doing WJEC English GCSE, I think it's a sagacious decision to open a thread for it to discuss and predict questions and I am sure it will help people.

Literature: I do an Inspecter calls, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, and Romeo and Juliet. Additionally, poetry anthology.
My predictions: An inspector calls- How is Inspecter Google presented in an inspector calls.
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde- How does Stevenson present duality? Or perhaps Suspense?
Romeo and Juliet- Not sure.
Poetry Anthology- War poem or London.

Language- My favourite section is probably: Paper 2 Section B. My worst Section is Paper 1 Section A. I am also planning to write a story beforehand and then make it fit into one of the title given in an exam.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm in Y10 but working towards both with this examboard so I'll join in if that's all the same with everyone else :smile: if it's any consolation I think the anthology will most likely be a poem about London for 2017.
Original post by ethistu7
I'm in Y10 but working towards both with this examboard so I'll join in if that's all the same with everyone else :smile: if it's any consolation I think the anthology will most likely be a poem about London for 2017.

Hi, you are free to join this thread. As far as we (2017 people) are concerned it wouldn't be about Nature that's for certain because the specieman paper contains Nature poem, so very unlikely.
That's good, you can rule out Afternoons then! If it's a war poem, they'll probs be cruel and put Mametz Wood on or something. Not the best by far haha
Original post by ethistu7
That's good, you can rule out Afternoons then! If it's a war poem, they'll probs be cruel and put Mametz Wood on or something. Not the best by far haha

I have been making detail notes these days on poems. I haven't came to Mametz wood so don't know much. I love dulce et decorum est in poetry anthology because it's easy to understand and there's so much to say about it.
No one interested?
Has anyone got any tips for answering the English language questions in such a short amount of time? Also, I would be grateful if you could advise on how to pick the best information to include in the structure and evaluating questions. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending