"Lions Led by Donkeys" For and Against Brainstorm

Watch
LawAndJustice
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey!

Tell me your best for and against points of arguments about the validity of the "Lions led by Donkeys" view, from the top of your head, whatever comes to your mind first!

– L/A/J
LawAndJustice
Rep:
?
Anyone?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by LawAndJustice)
Hey!

Tell me your best for and against points of arguments about the validity of the "Lions led by Donkeys" view, from the top of your head, whatever comes to your mind first!

– L/A/J
Blackadder

Posted from TSR Mobile
LawAndJustice
Rep:
?
Anyone else?
username2981082
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone else?
Support for the statement:

-Lack of communication between generals. Haig generally did not get along with other commanders.

-Unwilling to adapt. Haig was an old-school kind of guy. He did not like using the new kinds of machinery available. He liked to use cavalry charges and he was very stubborn about it.

Against

-Not entirely the command's fault. The weaponry was not that great and were subject to breaking and not working. Britain used cheap American factories to get their weapons.

-Diseases also responsible for mortality rates. Soldiers did not always die because of the battles their generals sent them into. The conditions soldiers lived in were unsanitary and a lot of them ended up dying from bacterial infections.
LawAndJustice
Rep:
?
(Original post by constantine2016)
Support for the statement:

-Lack of communication between generals. Haig generally did not get along with other commanders.

-Unwilling to adapt. Haig was an old-school kind of guy. He did not like using the new kinds of machinery available. He liked to use cavalry charges and he was very stubborn about it.

Against

-Not entirely the command's fault. The weaponry was not that great and were subject to breaking and not working. Britain used cheap American factories to get their weapons.

-Diseases also responsible for mortality rates. Soldiers did not always die because of the battles their generals sent them into. The conditions soldiers lived in were unsanitary and a lot of them ended up dying from bacterial infections.
Awesome reply thanks a lot!!
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
not all the soldiers were lions. many were shot for cowardice.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
Use the search engine its been asked before.
LawAndJustice
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reue)
But I have accepted myself, and myself enjoys interfering with lazy students who can't be bothered to answer their own essays.
I really don't think you get the point. These forums are for sharing experience and ideas with each other for students. This includes helping on topics that some have already done thoroughly and so streamlined the material down to a few important points. Studying is not about reading thousands of pages, but more about being able to filter out the ********.

On another note, are you seriously charging little kids a 247% interest rate with your fradulent company Pocket Money Loans?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I really don't think you get the point.These forums are for sharing experience and ideas with each other for students. This includes helping on topics that some have already done thoroughly and so streamlined the material down to a few important points.
But you haven't shared anything. You haven't discussed anything. You've just asked people to answer the question for you.

On another note, are you seriously charging little kids a 247% interest rate with your fradulent company Pocket Money Loans?
What possible relevance is that?
LawAndJustice
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reue)
But you haven't shared anything. You haven't discussed anything. You've just asked people to answer the question for you.

What possible relevance is that?
Now I see. You came here to argue. Have a great night and for your own sake, stop being so pissed at yourself and the world. Love ya mate
JamesWillisII
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
little gimp, cant do better, i fought in that war and at 108 years old i can still tear your head off
Terrrell
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
thank you soo much I have a important test where allowed to plan and this helped so much Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.08%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (9)
13.85%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.31%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.92%

Watched Threads