Have you used an agency for applying to Medicine in Europe? Watch

SiMan
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Anyone here who has/is applying to European universities in CzechR, Bulgaria Romania using/will use agencies?

Agencies like SEM and Tutelage
How do they work and how much do they charge?
For example, do they charge per application or per group of application? And what kind of figures are we looking at?
anuzi
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi avoid SME as it charges a lot, go for tutelage and medical doorway. I have applied for Palacky in Czech republic through medical doorway. Private message me for more info
ClaireGecko
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
lol the guy above me sounds like a commercial...

In an ideal world you'd want something like UCAS, simple and straightforward, but its a bit more complicated in the EU. I don't advise you to do it alone because (certain) agencies tend to carry on helping you throughout your degree not just to get in. My little brother applied through an agency and is studying in Romania right now. We had to do a lot of research to find the agency with best value for money though.
SiMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by ClaireGecko)

In an ideal world you'd want something like UCAS, simple and straightforward, but its a bit more complicated in the EU. I don't advise you to do it alone because (certain) agencies tend to carry on helping you throughout your degree not just to get in. My little brother applied through an agency and is studying in Romania right now. We had to do a lot of research to find the agency with best value for money though.
Yeah so I've heard. Which agency did he go through if you don't mind me asking
SiMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by anuzi)
Hi avoid SME as it charges a lot, go for tutelage and medical doorway. I have applied for Palacky in Czech republic through medical doorway. Private message me for more info
Yeah their fees are extortionate. I'm leaving it as a very last resort. Have applied to Pleven through medical dooryway. But not all the unis I want to apply to are dealt with them
anuzi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm going to leave pleven as last resort, but atm I've applied for Palacky through medical doorway
SiMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by ClaireGecko)

Someone posted here with a username "clairebrother", was that your brother? The post isn't there anymore
Ender.Dragon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Guys

I have applied to Charles First Faculty and Masaryk through medical doorway. Only reason I didn't apply for Palacky is I want to be close to an airport so Prague and Brno for me.

What I would say on agencies is do your research. Find out in detail about the person you are talking to and their background (google the name of the counsellor or director you are dealing with). Are they on the university websites, are they registered with companies house and also for VAT? If not VAT registered then probably don't help many students or are committing VAT fraud! Could you visit their office (look for a real office not an address which is what ends up being a "virtual office" rented only for meetings? Do they go around schools and are visible outside of supposed "open days" which have appeared to be marketing stunts. Call the universities and see if they advise applying direct or not. If they have appointed an official agency then it should be easier and cheaper to apply with the agency as they get paid by the university.

I did all of this which is why I chose these universities and to do the exams in the UK rather than travel to Czech.
Kkk916
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Apply to Palacky I've heard good things from there apparently Masaryk is harder to pass years and people do interyears there and fail the year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.51%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (69)
15.4%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (84)
18.75%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (181)
40.4%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.69%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.25%