The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language help

Anyone currently studying for the new 9-1 English Language, please can you help with question 5? Model answers, specifically, would be incredibly helpful e.g. from when you did well on it in a mock exam.
I'm aiming for a grade 9 (although I'd be very happy with an 8) and got 70+ 72 on my last mocks- in order to get a 9 I really want to work hard at improving my section Bs because I think they need the most work. I feel like I often rush through and am unsure of what I'm writing. For either paper, model answers (or tips) would be incredibly helpful.
Thank you !
Reply 1
Original post by niamh787
Anyone currently studying for the new 9-1 English Language, please can you help with question 5? Model answers, specifically, would be incredibly helpful e.g. from when you did well on it in a mock exam.
I'm aiming for a grade 9 (although I'd be very happy with an 8) and got 70+ 72 on my last mocks- in order to get a 9 I really want to work hard at improving my section Bs because I think they need the most work. I feel like I often rush through and am unsure of what I'm writing. For either paper, model answers (or tips) would be incredibly helpful.
Thank you !

Aren't there any examples on your exam board's website? It's worth a look - usually when the specification changes, they will put exemplary answers on their website to guide teachers and students.
Reply 2
Original post by Amefish
Aren't there any examples on your exam board's website? It's worth a look - usually when the specification changes, they will put exemplary answers on their website to guide teachers and students.

I'm on AQA and unfortunately they seem to be very unhelpful with model responses. I've seen 1 descriptive writing example from last year that got full marks but my teacher showed us that in class and I can't access it again. My teacher also said it was pretty ordinary in comparison to my class' writing, but maybe she's a little bias lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending