Hello, my name is AGarland98! Watch

AGarland98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm studying... Ancient History/Archaeology/Classics (Ancient Mediterranean Civilisations)

I'm interested in... History, Literature, Politics, Religion, Theology

My study level is... A-level (A2)
Iuris
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Welcome!

For Ancient History/Archaeology/Classics, I’d definitely recommend Leiden University
AGarland98
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Iuris)
Welcome!

For Ancient History/Archaeology/Classics, I’d definitely recommend Leiden University
Thanks for the advice, I'm currently looking at Edinburgh, Exeter, Warwick, and Liverpool, sort of leaning toward Edinburgh.
Iuris
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AGarland98)
Thanks for the advice, I'm currently looking at Edinburgh, Exeter, Warwick, and Liverpool, sort of leaning toward Edinburgh.
Yeah, those are all good unis. For Classics/Archaeology, Leiden is weaker than Oxbridge, and on par with UCL and Durham – this is also demonstrated by QS subject ranking of Archaeology (especially the “Academic Reputation” section)

PS: More detailed information about the academic strength of Leiden’s various archaeological subfields could be found in “QANU / Research Review Archaeology Leiden 2012” (http://media.leidenuniv.nl/legacy/re...logy-final.pdf)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (138)
18.13%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (77)
10.12%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (130)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (109)
14.32%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
9.99%
How can I be the best version of myself? (231)
30.35%

Watched Threads