anonymous23456
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all!
Just wondering if anyone could offer any information regarding studying midwifery at university? I would really appreciate it!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm going to try and get this moved to the relevant forum for you
anonymous23456
Awww! Thank you so much! that is awfully kind of you!
mel_l218
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi adorable16, I am in the process of applying to study adult nursing at university and I thought I might be able to help.
The degree is 50% theory and 50% practical and you are required to complete placements, working a shift pattern including nights and weekends. Specific universities provide more information on their websites and at open days. Which university guide online also provides information and I think entry requirements for universities.
The NHS careers website and Studentmidwife.net maybe useful to you and also visiting university open days.
Midwifery is very competitive and universities receive a huge amount of applications, so gaining experience in a healthcare environment, shadowing a midwife or other work experience to gain transferable skills will benefit the application. There is a thread on the nursing and midwifery page of the student room with work experience ideas if you would like to have a look.
I hope this helps.
anonymous23456
(Original post by mel_l218)
Hi adorable16, I am in the process of applying to study adult nursing at university and I thought I might be able to help.
The degree is 50% theory and 50% practical and you are required to complete placements, working a shift pattern including nights and weekends. Specific universities provide more information on their websites and at open days. Which university guide online also provides information and I think entry requirements for universities.
The NHS careers website and Studentmidwife.net maybe useful to you and also visiting university open days.
Midwifery is very competitive and universities receive a huge amount of applications, so gaining experience in a healthcare environment, shadowing a midwife or other work experience to gain transferable skills will benefit the application. There is a thread on the nursing and midwifery page of the student room with work experience ideas if you would like to have a look.
I hope this helps.
Thank you so much!
All the best for your nursing application!!!
anonymous23456
(Original post by hasha123)
Shut up u rat
I beg your pardon?
aspire.1a
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Shut up u rat
Who r u saying shut up to?
aspire.1a
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
rat
Why are you replying to her thread if your gonna say stuff like that?
Back off! Leave her alone!
aspire.1a
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by adorable16)
Hi all!
Just wondering if anyone could offer any information regarding studying midwifery at university? I would really appreciate it!
Hey! I am currently in year 12 and I intend to study Midwifery aswell. I went to a coupel of open days and in two weeks time I am going to a taster day. With the open days the university gave me an outline of what to expect and how you will be doing shift-work in a local hospital. Theory and placement is split into 50-50. There will be coursework, essays, exams and presentations where you will be expected to work in groups. U will be given a uniform . I strongly suggest that u go to a midwifery taster day ! Its really good even though I havent been yet.
What are u currently studying and what university are u hoping to go to?
aspire.1a
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by adorable16)
Hi all!
Try to look for relevant work experience and read midwifery journals when u have the time to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (297)
60.49%
Yes- I don't like it (24)
4.89%