Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I want to study Criminology and Psychology and university and have already received all my offers from my chosen unis. The thing is, is that I had chosen to live at home so all the universities I have picked are close to home due to my parents saying so. I now regret that decision and want to move out into accomodation and have been for a long time and even told my parents and tried talking to them but they just denied it and brushed it off and my parents are against it because I'm not 'Independent' enough and not a good enough person. I don't get on with them now but I need to get out of the house. I'm always so stressed and angry and just down when I'm at home and I'm limited as to what I can do. Like this is stupid but like my mum would always comment on everything I do and treats me like a kid and basically like would always say I dress like a beggar because of my style of clothing or that I don't know anything about life and always puts me down. I'm emotionally damaged from the things they do and say. Anyway I feel like I have no option because the universities are like 30mins away and if I were to move out, I'd want it to be out of London (I live in London) and I don't know what to do because I'm going to have to pick my firm and insurance choices before the 5th May
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want to study Criminology and Psychology and university and have already received all my offers from my chosen unis. The thing is, is that I had chosen to live at home so all the universities I have picked are close to home due to my parents saying so. I now regret that decision and want to move out into accomodation and have been for a long time and even told my parents and tried talking to them but they just denied it and brushed it off and my parents are against it because I'm not 'Independent' enough and not a good enough person. I don't get on with them now but I need to get out of the house. I'm always so stressed and angry and just down when I'm at home and I'm limited as to what I can do. Like this is stupid but like my mum would always comment on everything I do and treats me like a kid and basically like would always say I dress like a beggar because of my style of clothing or that I don't know anything about life and always puts me down. I'm emotionally damaged from the things they do and say. Anyway I feel like I have no option because the universities are like 30mins away and if I were to move out, I'd want it to be out of London (I live in London) and I don't know what to do because I'm going to have to pick my firm and insurance choices before the 5th May
if you move about do you know if your parents would financially support you? If not I would say take a gap year, save some money and move wherever you like.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
if you move about do you know if your parents would financially support you? If not I would say take a gap year, save some money and move wherever you like.
My dad said he wouldn't support me but I don't know if he was lying or not. I really don't have a plan for my future, I'm already 19 and starting uni late and me taking a gap ear would make things even harder. I really need and want to move out. I just asked my mother again and she started relating it to religion (I'm a Muslim) and started saying that me wanting to move out is a sign that I don't want to be around them and is also a sign that I'm losing faith or whatever. And then she was like whoever I got this nonsense info from just to stop talking and she threatened to hit me. My parents and I do not understand eachother on all levels and I just don't know what to do. I'm slowly breaking and I don't know what to do. I live in London and I'm really interested in going Loughborough University, it's 2 hours away and near Leicester (like 30mins) where I also have family so I thought she'd be more lenient but she just brings me down and says I'm wasting money and that I could be independent at home but it's not the same and I just want to decline all my offers and just give up.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My dad said he wouldn't support me but I don't know if he was lying or not. I really don't have a plan for my future, I'm already 19 and starting uni late and me taking a gap ear would make things even harder. I really need and want to move out. I just asked my mother again and she started relating it to religion (I'm a Muslim) and started saying that me wanting to move out is a sign that I don't want to be around them and is also a sign that I'm losing faith or whatever. And then she was like whoever I got this nonsense info from just to stop talking and she threatened to hit me. My parents and I do not understand eachother on all levels and I just don't know what to do. I'm slowly breaking and I don't know what to do. I live in London and I'm really interested in going Loughborough University, it's 2 hours away and near Leicester (like 30mins) where I also have family so I thought she'd be more lenient but she just brings me down and says I'm wasting money and that I could be independent at home but it's not the same and I just want to decline all my offers and just give up.
Is there anybody you can stay with to get away from them for a bit? It doesn't matter she's your mum that's abuse and it sounds like nothing is going to make them see sense so perhaps you ll have to go it alone and work park time to cover your costs at uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed