The Student Room Group

Advice on catching up???

So, I am quite far behind in my work due to mental health issues. Last term, my mental health was pretty bad. I have suffered with my mental health since I was around 15 years of age but only got put on to medication in October last year. I found it really difficult to sleep at night or do anything in the day time. Due to lack of sleep and just complete lack of motivation I missed a lot of lectures from my first term, the medication started to work around Christmas time and I have been feeling better recently. The problem is, I am doing a foundation year in Biosciences and Chemistry, with no previous real knowledge of chemistry at all.. I missed a lot (about 6 in a row) of my Chemistry lectures last term so I am finding it difficult to really get back on track this term as it all seems to be linked with previous work.. I am getting stressed out because I am progressing on to a Nursing course but I need a minimum of 60% to progress and its looking less and less likely. I spoke to my head a faculty after my exams in January, and she has put me in for a uncapped retake on my Chemistry and Biology exam from my first term, which I am happy about because it gives me another chance, but I am just so behind and don't really have a clue how to catch up. Any advice would be really appreciated right now.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about what happened to you and your mental health state. As a matter of fact, I can sympathise with you because my step-dad also suffers from mental health issues. However, if you've managed to get this far to University, you can do whatever the hell you want. People in third world countries would kill to have an education here in the UK so just appreciate what you have. Work every single day and make sure you understand what your purpose is. Why are you doing a degree and for what reason? Make a plan of your short term and long term plans. You have the potential to do whatever your heart desires.
I hope this helped and I wish you the best of luck with your studies and future.
REMEMBER: YOU ARE SMART!!!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest