help

Watch this thread
caiti101
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
ok so my cousin has this toy and its heavy and it landed my foot and since then it was about 11 this morning and since then it has been hurting so much and my parents won't take me to the hospital as they don't think it is broken just brushed but i can barley put pressure on it and it hurts like on a scale from 1 being no pain and 10being lots of pain i am about 8/9 i don't know what to do
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by caiti101)
ok so my cousin has this toy and its heavy and it landed my foot and since then it was about 11 this morning and since then it has been hurting so much and my parents won't take me to the hospital as they don't think it is broken just brushed but i can barley put pressure on it and it hurts like on a scale from 1 being no pain and 10being lots of pain i am about 8/9 i don't know what to do
Put a cold compress on it and keep it elevated just in case. If it's not bad, you don't need to go to hospital
caiti101
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Amefish)
Put a cold compress on it and keep it elevated just in case. If it's not bad, you don't need to go to hospital
i have tried ice it hurts it to much i thought about going to my dr to see what he says
Amefish
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by caiti101)
i have tried ice it hurts it to much i thought about going to my dr to see what he says
I think it's best to listen to your parents on this one. If they thought it was an issue they would've taken you to hospital. Is there any obvious damage (are your bones out of place)? Do you have much bruising? Take some ibuprofen - it helps with pain relief and it's an anti-inflammatory so it will make you feel better.
Cadie22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It can be a hematoma.
When injured, the blood vessels can be rupture, blood escapes and gathers under the skin and form the black blood, also known as subcutaneous hemorrhage. Initially, it has dark purple color. When blood vessels under the skin are damaged, the blood pigment is absorbed, the bruise will become blue.
If it's not too serious as your parents think, you can try to apply one of these remedies to treat hematoma:
- Compress cold and hot: It not only helps you feel comfortable, relax from pain but also stimulates blood vessel so that they can contract and reduce the risk of swelling. As a result, bruise will be blurred and risk will be limited. One day after applying the ice method, you should use a hot towel to apply on the hematoma skin areas. This will help to ease blood circulation and speed up the treatment for how to get rid of a hematoma.
- Cabbage juice: Use a cotton ball to soak this juice then apply onto the skin bruises. In addition to its ability to reduce bruising, cabbage also contains anti-inflammatory compounds.
- It is very beneficial in dissolving bruising blood. So, during the time of having bruises, you should add vegetables and fruits, especially citrus fruits such as oranges, tangerines, and grapefruit into the daily diet. The reason is that it will supply your body a diversity of vitamins, especially vitamin C.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cadie22)
- Cabbage juice: Use a cotton ball to soak this juice then apply onto the skin bruises. In addition to its ability to reduce bruising, cabbage also contains anti-inflammatory compounds.
- It is very beneficial in dissolving bruising blood. So, during the time of having bruises, you should add vegetables and fruits, especially citrus fruits such as oranges, tangerines, and grapefruit into the daily diet. The reason is that it will supply your body a diversity of vitamins, especially vitamin C.
This has no basis in science or medicine. It is an old wives tale.

OP - it's probably just a bit bruised. Follow PRICE:

Protect from further injury
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation.

If it seems to be getting worse, then maybe see your doctor. But see how it goes first. Can you bear any weight on it at all?
Cadie22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
What a load of rubbish - this is just an old wives' tale.

OP - it's probably just a bit bruised. Follow PRICE:

Protect from further injury
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation.

If it seems to be getting worse, then maybe see your doctor. But see how it goes first. Can you bear any weight on it at all?
I just share my experience so please don't call it "rubbish" How rude you are!!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cadie22)
I just share my experience so please don't call it "rubbish" How rude you are!!
Umm, you've just suggested cabbage juice reduces bruising and it 'dissolves' bruised blood. What did you expect?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (108)
68.35%
No (33)
20.89%
I didn't use it to prepare (17)
10.76%

Watched Threads