The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Psychology new 7182 - 07, 14 & 22 Jun 2017 [Exam Discussion]

Hey, I thought I'd start this thread so that anyone doing these papers can share stuff about them here :biggrin:

Paper 1 - 07/06/2017 - find the unofficial markscheme here
-Social Influence
-Memory
-Attachment
-Psychopathology

Paper 2 - 14/06/2017 - find the unofficial markscheme here
-Approaches in psychology
-Biopsychology
-Research methods

Paper 3 - 22/06/2017
-Issues and debates in psychology
-Relationships OR gender OR Cognition and development
-Schizophrenia OR Eating Behaviour OR stress
-Aggression OR forensic psychology OR addiction

So who's doing these papers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing the whole subject in my gap year atm so there's quite a bit of information to learn lol. I've just started issues and debates. Where are you at?
Reply 2
I've just about covered all the topics at school now, just getting down to revising stuff and yes I agree- there's so much to learn!
I find issues and debates quite uninteresting but how are you finding it and have done any other topics?
I'm doing these papers and finding psychology A2 so much harder!! :frown:
Original post by $pacemelons
I've just about covered all the topics at school now, just getting down to revising stuff and yes I agree- there's so much to learn!
I find issues and debates quite uninteresting but how are you finding it and have done any other topics?

i can't believe you've covered all your topics already! I've only just started cognition and development + forensic psych..
i also found issues and debates really dull, as well as research methods
Reply 5
Original post by hollymwardle
i can't believe you've covered all your topics already! I've only just started cognition and development + forensic psych..
i also found issues and debates really dull, as well as research methods

I find research methods okay and schizophrenia is probably my favourite topic as its the most interesting to me.

I just found this website for revision which is focused on these exams so thought i'd share it- https://www.loopa.co.uk/
Original post by $pacemelons
I find research methods okay and schizophrenia is probably my favourite topic as its the most interesting to me.

I just found this website for revision which is focused on these exams so thought i'd share it- https://www.loopa.co.uk/

yeah i quite enjoyed schizophrenia too. I'll check that website out too, thanks! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by FNugent
I'm doing the whole subject in my gap year atm so there's quite a bit of information to learn lol. I've just started issues and debates. Where are you at?

im also doing the same as you, but im finding exam question structure quite difficult... does anyone have a clear way to answer exam questions?
Reply 8
Original post by octapus
im also doing the same as you, but im finding exam question structure quite difficult... does anyone have a clear way to answer exam questions?

Well with 16 markers, I know you get 6 marks for theory (outlining/ defining/research/APFC) and 10 marks for evaluation. I would recommend doing theory and evaluation separately rather than together so that it is clearer and easier to mark.
Reply 9
Does anyone know if on research methods we'll actually be given and told to work out the maths questions such as Mann-Whitney/Wilcoxon, T test, Spearman and persons and Chi squared. I've looked at the spec and it doesn't seem to mention that we need to know the mathematical side of things, so I don't know how much of that I actually need to know. Anyone have any ideas?
Original post by AdamBh
Does anyone know if on research methods we'll actually be given and told to work out the maths questions such as Mann-Whitney/Wilcoxon, T test, Spearman and persons and Chi squared. I've looked at the spec and it doesn't seem to mention that we need to know the mathematical side of things, so I don't know how much of that I actually need to know. Anyone have any ideas?

My psychology teacher marks for the board, and she said with the new spec it's really difficult to tell what they want. For example, they're now mixing in RM methods with other sections of the paper, as well as it having its own section. She said to be aware of the different tests etc. but not to worry as we shouldn't have to answer anything too difficult. As long as you know the bare homes of the statistical side then you should be okay, such as when to use what test/how to get a test statistic etc.
I find the new spec is a little too much right now. Our exams got pushed forward even further and trying to learn 11 giant topics in such a short space of time, whilst doing the same for 3 other subjects (I'll be taking 12 exams!) and sorting out University applications etc. is really really hard. I struggle most on exam technique and I'm just worried we'll not be able to cover a lot of it due to the time restraints we have and the fact that we haven't finished all the topics yet. I just hope AQA are a little lenient with the grade bounderies this year, as these spec changes were extremely ill prepared and slightly unfair to the students. But, what can you do! We just have to work extra hard to get the grades we want. Good luck everyone :smile:
Has anyone else been told you only need 3 PEELS for a 16 mark question? My school have suddenly stopped doing 4 and I'm worried
My school at first said we need 5 and are now saying we need 4 PEELs to get the marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hanaan999
My school at first said we need 5 and are now saying we need 4 PEELs to get the marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm panicking, my school taught 4 now only teach 3 because they say that you only have time for 3 ://// I'm predicted an A* and I'm worried this is going to ruin my grades
Have you guys finished all the topics? I've just started relationships
Original post by FNugent
Have you guys finished all the topics? I've just started relationships

We're really behind, we've still got issues an debates, gender, forensic and schizophrenia to do. We only started year 2 topics in January :////
Reply 17
Original post by Hannah_Vi
My psychology teacher marks for the board, and she said with the new spec it's really difficult to tell what they want. For example, they're now mixing in RM methods with other sections of the paper, as well as it having its own section. She said to be aware of the different tests etc. but not to worry as we shouldn't have to answer anything too difficult. As long as you know the bare homes of the statistical side then you should be okay, such as when to use what test/how to get a test statistic etc.

Ohh okay that doesn't sound to bad, definitely less anxious. My teacher also mentioned them integrating research methods into some questions.
Reply 18
Original post by Zozaaaa
We're really behind, we've still got issues an debates, gender, forensic and schizophrenia to do. We only started year 2 topics in January :////

WHAT! I thought my teacher was slow. We finished the course in the first couple weeks of January, what have you guys been doing!!
Original post by AdamBh
WHAT! I thought my teacher was slow. We finished the course in the first couple weeks of January, what have you guys been doing!!

They said cos the course is linear they didn't know how to teach it but I don't see how it's different to as/A2, they had to teach all of year 1 content in year 1 and year 2 in year 2! We've been told we will finish the week before our first exam ://

Quick Reply

Latest