The Student Room Group

Friend asks me if I'm dating anyone

Hello, a friend of mine recently started asking about my love life. We never talk about relationships so this was out of the blue. Does it mean anything when guys do this? :smile: Thanks
Reply 1
Someone reply :biggrin:
If your'e a girl he probably wants to ask you out (but doesn't want to make the friendship awkward if you're with someone else)
Yea he wants to ask you out, so I advise you just ask him out and then just start dating. Make it easy for him
As mentioned above, it is an attempt to find out if you are single or not
Reply 5
Original post by Steljoy
As mentioned above, it is an attempt to find out if you are single or not

Can there be any other reasons though that he's asking. Do guys just sometimes ask that just to have convo?
Original post by John10101
Yea he wants to ask you out, so I advise you just ask him out and then just start dating. Make it easy for him

How shall I ask him out. Would it not be better to flirt with it him?
Original post by Anonymous
Can there be any other reasons though that he's asking. Do guys just sometimes ask that just to have convo?

I don't do that myself, I pick other topics for convo. But I can't speak for other guys
Hello, a friend of mine recently started asking about my love life. We never talk about relationships so this was out of the blue. Does it mean anything when guys do this? :smile: Thanks

It may just be conversation or he may be asking for himself or he may be asking for someone else.

How shall I ask him out. Would it not be better to flirt with it him?

No, they ask with the intention of asking you out if a negative answer is given. There is literally no other reason I can think of to ask that question. Kinda awkward asking someone out when they are involved with someone (done that, its not fun).

Do you want to date him is the real question. If you dont, then tell him so, for his sake at least. If you do, then just ask (specifics are up to you)
Reply 9
Original post by 999tigger
It may just be conversation or he may be asking for himself or he may be asking for someone else.

Original post by an_atheist
No, they ask with the intention of asking you out if a negative answer is given. There is literally no other reason I can think of to ask that question. Kinda awkward asking someone out when they are involved with someone (done that, its not fun).

Do you want to date him is the real question. If you dont, then tell him so, for his sake at least. If you do, then just ask (specifics are up to you)

So basically it be that he's not into me but just nosy because we're friends...? Just making sure because if I ask him out I want to know for sure whether he likes me. I replied saying I'm not dating anyone. He seemed to like that response but he hasn't asked me out or tried to flirt. Yes I do want to date him. XD
So basically it be that he's not into me but just nosy because we're friends...? Just making sure because if I ask him out I want to know for sure whether he likes me. I replied saying I'm not dating anyone. He seemed to like that response but he hasn't asked me out or tried to flirt. Yes I do want to date him. XD

No. He wants to ask you out. He was asking to see if you already had a boyfriend, to avoid creating a rather awkward situation.
If he responded positively to you giving a negative answer to the question about dating, isnt that indicative of interest?
Is water wet?

I have you there's possibilities. you asked for certainty, when there is none.
I would tend to think he is interested in asking you out, but disagree with all the other mind readers who appear willing to give you a guarantee whereas i would not. Just ask him out.
Original post by 999tigger
I have you there's possibilities. you asked for certainty, when there is none.
I would tend to think he is interested in asking you out, but disagree with all the other mind readers who appear willing to give you a guarantee whereas i would not. Just ask him out.

I know there's no guarantee. That's the problem. :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending