The Student Room Group

advice to get over someone?

I'm in love with one of my best friends. She knows exactly how I feel and shes been very supportive too by saying if I need space then she'll give me it. We did start off seeing each other then our mental health issues got in the way and since then we've just been good friends. It's been a year and I'm hurting so much, I've never felt this way about anyone and I just want to get over her and be friends normally. I'm sick of feeling this way and I don't want to ruin our friendship. has anyone got any advice?

its killing me
Reply 1
Hey.I am not a relationship expert but I think u should stop seeing her and start a new life.
I've experienced so called ,, unreciprocated love" ,when I was a teen.It was awful.I am sure u'll get over her soon!
You will never get over her unless you stop being her friend. You should cut off contact with her and try again once you find a relationship with someone else.
Reply 3
Original post by thepearman
I'm in love with one of my best friends. She knows exactly how I feel and shes been very supportive too by saying if I need space then she'll give me it. We did start off seeing each other then our mental health issues got in the way and since then we've just been good friends. It's been a year and I'm hurting so much, I've never felt this way about anyone and I just want to get over her and be friends normally. I'm sick of feeling this way and I don't want to ruin our friendship. has anyone got any advice?

its killing me

Hi, take a brake from her and spend sometime with other people ( for 2 weeks ish)
after that just try talking to her normally, don't let her think you have feelings for her.

Try forgetting about the pass, and just focus on being a friend.

Hope this helps

Emma
Reply 4
Original post by Emma.ok
Hi, take a brake from her and spend sometime with other people ( for 2 weeks ish)
after that just try talking to her normally, don't let her think you have feelings for her.

Try forgetting about the pass, and just focus on being a friend.

Hope this helps

Emma

Thank you Emma thats what I'm thinking of doing

thanks everyone else as well you all make really good points its just I don't want to not be her friend cause she is a good friend and I know that my feelings won't fully go away but if I get to a point where I can control myself and not get to a bad point of jealousy then I'll be happy and it will be made easier
Reply 5

thanks everyone else as well you all make really good points its just I don't want to not be her friend cause she is a good friend and I know that my feelings won't fully go away but if I get to a point where I can control myself and not get to a bad point of jealousy then I'll be happy and it will be made easier

No, problem could you give me a thumbs up if that helped.
Reply 6

Good luck.I know what are u feeling but trust me it'll get better.

its killing me

Trust me I know how you feel... the feeling is quite horrible and really distracting. I pushed a girl I loved away and when I realised the mistake, it was too late. Being their friend and having feelings for them at the same time makes the situation extremely difficult. Best advice is to supress the past and move on without looking back.

its killing me

So, are you friends atm? I'm confused...
The most important thing I can think of is keep yourself busy. Do things that you enjoy, spend time with friends, take up a new hobby, and try and limit the times you see her and ideally the time that you two spend alone together. The main thing I struggled with when I went through this before is being alone with my thoughts for too long, so talk to people you trust about how you're feeling and remember that there's more to life that this one person. Given enough time and enough support, you'll feel better

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending