The Student Room Group

I feel like i'm going to fail my Year 10 mocks/ GCSE

i'm in year 10 and i had my assessments this week. So far this has been my worst assessments since a long time. i want to do well on my mocks ( which is around June/July). how should i revise and for how long a day? which way of revising is best/ most effective? Is there a good website that helps improve my grades? I'm in triple science and most of my friends got good grades except for me :frown:
I'm in year 11, and you really don't need to stress- you'll be fine! If you want to start revising now, the thing I'd recommend the most is making sure you understand everything that you've done (especially anything you did in year 9), by making notes or whatever. I'm in year 11, and I wish that I'd revised properly for the year 10 exams, just because year 11 is so much more difficult if you don't understand the basics of the course because it all just builds on itself. I'd just whenever you have some spare time or at the weekend. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Ive finished my GCSE's but remember them well.

Here's my best advice:

1. GCSE's are really pretty easy. As long as you are reasonable intelligent and start revising a couple of months before the exams, you are 100% going to get all A's at least. I got 2 A*'s, 9 A's and a B(I got a B in GCSE PE and I did the entire GCSE in 4 weeks). All my revision was done the day before the exam for about 5 hours from 7 till 12. Thats it.

2. GCSE's are not important at all. All GCSE's are useful for is getting the required GCSE's for the A-levels you have to do. Most of your teachers are probably telling you that GCSE's are the most important exams you will ever do. They are lying just to scare you into working. As I said, I got all A's but having got all B's I would be in the same position. Uni's only look at your GCSE's if they have literally nothing else to look at and every top Uni has interviews which are always the defining factor (along with A-levels) that they decide from.

Seriously don't stress. You are in year 10 which gives you another year and a bit to get better. Just wait till A-levels hit you like a truck xDD.
Original post by elizabetheb
I'm in year 11, and you really don't need to stress- you'll be fine! If you want to start revising now, the thing I'd recommend the most is making sure you understand everything that you've done (especially anything you did in year 9), by making notes or whatever. I'm in year 11, and I wish that I'd revised properly for the year 10 exams, just because year 11 is so much more difficult if you don't understand the basics of the course because it all just builds on itself. I'd just whenever you have some spare time or at the weekend. Good luck :smile:

thank you :smile:
Original post by Zephrom
Ive finished my GCSE's but remember them well.

Here's my best advice:

1. GCSE's are really pretty easy. As long as you are reasonable intelligent and start revising a couple of months before the exams, you are 100% going to get all A's at least. I got 2 A*'s, 9 A's and a B(I got a B in GCSE PE and I did the entire GCSE in 4 weeks). All my revision was done the day before the exam for about 5 hours from 7 till 12. Thats it.

2. GCSE's are not important at all. All GCSE's are useful for is getting the required GCSE's for the A-levels you have to do. Most of your teachers are probably telling you that GCSE's are the most important exams you will ever do. They are lying just to scare you into working. As I said, I got all A's but having got all B's I would be in the same position. Uni's only look at your GCSE's if they have literally nothing else to look at and every top Uni has interviews which are always the defining factor (along with A-levels) that they decide from.
Seriously don't stress. You are in year 10 which gives you another year and a bit to get better. Just wait till A-levels hit you like a truck xDD.

thank you :smile: i fell a lot better now

Quick Reply

Latest