AQA Classical Civilisation Watch

Jack123123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi everyone,
Im currently studying the Iliad module for AQA classical civilisation and really struggling.
What resources do you use and How do you structure 20/30markers? To what extent should the analysis be? i normally use something akin to the point, evidence and explain approach. Thanks in advance.
Classics_Teacher
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Spark Notes and York Notes are two books that I recommend to my students. In terms of structuring your essays, your approach sounds like a good one: it is all too easy to slip into an unhelpful book-by-book essay plan which never works that well in terms of creating an effective argument. Make sure you have a look at past papers and the specification (both of which are available on AQA's website) and use these to plan some practice essays.
Jack123123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Classics_Teacher)
Spark Notes and York Notes are two books that I recommend to my students. In terms of structuring your essays, your approach sounds like a good one: it is all too easy to slip into an unhelpful book-by-book essay plan which never works that well in terms of creating an effective argument. Make sure you have a look at past papers and the specification (both of which are available on AQA's website) and use these to plan some practice essays.
Ok thanks! Im currently using a combination of spark notes and York notes although they seem limited in their analysis.
Jack123123
Rep:
?
(Original post by sian.jane)
I'm really struggling too - all the names keep confusing me and I feel like Unit 2 (We're doing the Second Punic war) is just completely losing me altogether because there's just so much content to get your head around!
I know! The trouble is that it's not a particularly common subject either so you kinda have to rely on your teacher. For the iliad I'm making notes on all the themes and characters, using mark schemes to guide me. I do cicero in unit 1 so thats a bit more straight forward with the dates.
FrederickP98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Does anyone have any predictions for Monday's paper? I was thinking Achilles and Hector might pop up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (49)
24.62%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (64)
32.16%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (37)
18.59%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (17)
8.54%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
16.08%

Watched Threads