Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im going to get my license hopefully very soon, im going to get either a mazda-6, or an audi tt

Where will i be able to insure so it wont cost too much, could i get it in my parents names?

Also around how much would it cost per annum

thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    That's gonna be very expensive!

You need to get lots of quotes to see what's cheapest; don't just go with wahtever quote you get first.

If you get added to your parents insurance it might be cheaper in the short term, but you won't get any no claims discount so when you get insurance in your own name it will be more expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Tthe Audi tt is in about group 18 for insurance and a lot of places probably won't insure it to under 21s so the Mazda6 is probably a better idea, although the insurance groups will still be relatively high. I got a lovely little mazda2 a few months ago which costs about £600 a year insurance for my mother as main driver and me and my dad named (I'm currently a learner but should take test soon if i get around to booking a cancellation- can't wait til october!) good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercover-ange)
    Tthe Audi tt is in about group 18 for insurance and a lot of places probably won't insure it to under 21s so the Mazda6 is probably a better idea, although the insurance groups will still be relatively high. I got a lovely little mazda2 a few months ago which costs about £600 a year insurance for my mother as main driver and me and my dad named (I'm currently a learner but should take test soon if i get around to booking a cancellation- can't wait til october!) good luck x
    u only have to wait till october, i checked the website for local test centre and the nearest was late november, thing is im going to uni in october and going on holiday till early september, so i only got a window of around 4 weeks to wait for a cancellation otherwise i gotta wait till xmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    u only have to wait till october, i checked the website for local test centre and the nearest was late november, thing is im going to uni in october and going on holiday till early september, so i only got a window of around 4 weeks to wait for a cancellation otherwise i gotta wait till xmas
    You'll get a cancellation! Just keep phoning....a friend of mine took her test 3 times in 2 months from getting cancellations. I still haven't phoned for one cos I'm scared of bringing it really forward then failing...but october 13th (present test date) is too far away. I want to pass now!!!!! xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Here u can get some quotes and compare prices...

http://www.findone.co.uk/insurance/?...ar%20insurance

ReputationRep:
    an audi tt as your first car will prob mean your paying waaaaaayyyy too much!

I failed my driving test on Monday :mad: , apprently I was too far out from the kerb during reverse parking... gggrrrrr! booked mine for Nov 8th (soonest at my test centre), been ringing up for cancellations twice everyday, my dads going to kill me when he gets the bill! lol

mate got a new car today aswell! all nicely kitted up.......... dead jealous!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.