JackWarner
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey everyone, it would be so kind of you to help me please

I just don't know whether I should talk about both neoliberalism and globalisation, or only the one i think has happened? What do you think?

Here is the essay question :

Critically examine whether EITHER neoliberalism or globalisation has actually occurred in recent decades
anonymoused
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Still don't know! But I did Anthropology once and I remember a teacher saying that globalisation is a recent phenomenon.
mirshan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi greetings from Maldives.

Based on the essay question I think you should structure your essay to talk about both, but eventually based on your arguments and facts decide which on event has occurred - globalisation OR neoliberalism - that will be you conclusion. For example structure your essay to open with explanation of both events, then go on to establish the facts for which you argue has happened and negate on the other, providing facts again, and conclude....

Hope this helps... Best of luck
Mr Poet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am currently in University studying Politics and IR. I have come across this question in previous years and the question is actually rather misleading. It is not correct to say that either globalisation or neoliberalism is an occurrence. Globalisation in its traditional meaning, is the transmission of contemporary ideas and thinking, however, this idea has been misinterpreted and radicalised tremendously not just in the last decade but throughout history. Take a look post colonial Africa and the rise of western imperialism in Asia, analyse the Boer war if you want some breadth. As for neoliberalism, again, its not an occurrence, it is a socially constructed idea of changing the status quo - if you live in Britain; Jeremy Corbyn is a prime example of someone who represents the ideologies within this culture shift. Take a look at the war on trump from a feminist angle, in order to address this essay in the best manner you need to have a look a myriad of events that date back only to the 60s, I would not advise going further back, unless it is for a brief reference to enforce an idea that you have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (13)
6.63%
They might tell the bully (20)
10.2%
I don't think they'd understand (33)
16.84%
It might lead to more bullying (71)
36.22%
There's nothing they could do (59)
30.1%

Watched Threads