The Student Room Group

HMRC Front Line Manager

Hi, just wondering if anyone has applied for this job? Have you heard anything back yet?
Hi, I'm on a HMRC reserve list for an officer post and am being considered for these roles along with people like yourself that have applied. I've heard nothing for a while! Was also going to suggest you post something in the careers section under public sector for this- people may be more likely to see the post
Anyone else got an interview?
Reply 3
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Anyone else got an interview?

I do! Mine is Manchester on 6 April, so nervous! When is yours?
Original post by LolaFish
I do! Mine is Manchester on 6 April, so nervous! When is yours?

Nice! Mines is on Friday in Edinburgh, let me know how yours goes :smile:
Reply 5
Anyone heard any updates on the structure of the interview?
Is this an O band role?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by gingerwizard
Is this an O band role?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is
Have you all got this off the back of a TSP application and can anyone confirm the London salary is £27.2k?
Reply 9
Have you all got this off the back of a TSP application and can anyone confirm the London salary is £27.2k?

I didn't apply for TSP, i applied for this role on it's own as it was advertised on Civil Service Jobs. Yes the London minimum is £27,285 (rising to £30,752), it explains in the Candidate information pack
"Salary Range Starting at £23,600 (London £27,285) and potentially rising to £26,592 (London £30,752)."
I didn't apply for TSP, i applied for this role on it's own as it was advertised on Civil Service Jobs. Yes the London minimum is £27,285 (rising to £30,752), it explains in the Candidate information pack
"Salary Range Starting at £23,600 (London £27,285) and potentially rising to £26,592 (London £30,752)."

Thanks for that. Would you at all be able to shed more light on what the development opportunities would be for this role. I was desperate to get onto the TSP but despite reaching the benchmark for AC it was not high enough for a place. I've been told the best way to really develop is to apply for the HO roles after training is complete or to keep applying for the TSP. I know that places on the ATSP (internal tsp route) are impossible to get from an O band role and even fairly impossible from a HO role. Can you shed any more light, please?
Thanks for that. Would you at all be able to shed more light on what the development opportunities would be for this role. I was desperate to get onto the TSP but despite reaching the benchmark for AC it was not high enough for a place. I've been told the best way to really develop is to apply for the HO roles after training is complete or to keep applying for the TSP. I know that places on the ATSP (internal tsp route) are impossible to get from an O band role and even fairly impossible from a HO role. Can you shed any more light, please?

Well you could just apply for TSP again this year? They allow you to apply every year, there is no limit. However i just read on the TSP website that they won't be doing any internships (in case you thinking of applying) for 2017. In regards to HO, i reckon you'll probably have to get consent from your manager first before applying? In general i'm not sure what progression opportunities there are, you would gain skills and knowledge and end up anywhere either in the civil service or outside of the public sector.
Well you could just apply for TSP again this year? They allow you to apply every year, there is no limit. However i just read on the TSP website that they won't be doing any internships (in case you thinking of applying) for 2017. In regards to HO, i reckon you'll probably have to get consent from your manager first before applying? In general i'm not sure what progression opportunities there are, you would gain skills and knowledge and end up anywhere either in the civil service or outside of the public sector.

Well yes but managers are never going to stop people from applying for higher grade roles after a certain period of time. And yes I would apply to the tsp as an internal candidate. Surely you'd like to know there would be chances to apply/progress to higher levels than just o band which is two grades lower than you'd start on as a tsp.
Well yes but managers are never going to stop people from applying for higher grade roles after a certain period of time. And yes I would apply to the tsp as an internal candidate. Surely you'd like to know there would be chances to apply/progress to higher levels than just o band which is two grades lower than you'd start on as a tsp.

I suppose so. However, if you're wanting to become HO and believe that you're capable of it, why are you applying for EO?
I suppose so. However, if you're wanting to become HO and believe that you're capable of it, why are you applying for EO?

As I said I didn't apply I got it off the back of my TSP application, didnt score high enough to get a place on assessment centre otherwise I would of either gotten a HO role or a place on the scheme. I just need to drop documents off in London in about 10 days. As I said I didn't apply directly too this.
As I said I didn't apply I got it off the back of my TSP application, didnt score high enough to get a place on assessment centre otherwise I would of either gotten a HO role or a place on the scheme. I just need to drop documents off in London in about 10 days. As I said I didn't apply directly too this.

Oh right, I didn't realise you'd got this off the back of being rejected for TSP. I thought you had applied for this directly and separately off the back of being rejected for TSP.
Anyone know when the last interviews are/were?
Today will have been the two weeks so here's hoping they let people know now.
Anyone on this thread with any updates?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending