Leahlongstaffx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
My first year at A levels is nearly coming to an end and I'm really finding myself struggling on how to set out history essays and understand the markscheme. My teachers have gave me a lot of information and I just don't know how to take it in!
Could you guys give me any tips on source questions, introductions and conclusions that has helped you out?
Also my teachers have told Me that I need to change my revision strategy and I have no idea where to start in terms of revision. (I usually just read over my notes, write it on flash cards or just re write it in simpler notes).
Thankyou.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Leahlongstaffx)
My first year at A levels is nearly coming to an end and I'm really finding myself struggling on how to set out history essays and understand the markscheme. My teachers have gave me a lot of information and I just don't know how to take it in!
Could you guys give me any tips on source questions, introductions and conclusions that has helped you out?
Also my teachers have told Me that I need to change my revision strategy and I have no idea where to start in terms of revision. (I usually just read over my notes, write it on flash cards or just re write it in simpler notes).
Thankyou.
In terms of improving your revision strategy:

Figure out what aspects of your memories are strongest. Think back to your last history lesson - what do you remember most clearly? The sound of your teacher explaining something? The words you read? The words you wrote?

Working your revision around your memory will help. If you remember noises/sounds then record yourself saying or singing facts in an order that makes some sort of sense to you. Then listen back to it repeatedly (while you sleep if need be). If you're a visual learner then make yourself some clear and visually interesting (colours/pictures etc) flash cards. If you're a physical learner then write things down, walk around while reading, revise/read different topics in different locations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (120)
64.86%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.08%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.05%

Watched Threads