Will my bad maths grade really hinder me? Watch

Redgar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Im 19 years old, I finished sixth form last year finished with A*,A*,D in ICT, Forensic Science and Graphic Design. I'm starting to look for a full-time/apprenticeship in an area of IT, will I be able to find a job with an E in my maths, I have a C in science and a C in English.

Also is there any way to resit my maths gcse without having to go back to collage or doing a lengthy course?

Getting worried im screwed because of my poor maths grade
threeportdrift
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Redgar)
Im 19 years old, I finished sixth form last year finished with A*,A*,D in ICT, Forensic Science and Graphic Design. I'm starting to look for a full-time/apprenticeship in an area of IT, will I be able to find a job with an E in my maths, I have a C in science and a C in English.

Also is there any way to resit my maths gcse without having to go back to collage or doing a lengthy course?

Getting worried im screwed because of my poor maths grade
You can self teach a GCSE. Im afraid there are all sorts of ways not having maths GCSE might trip you up in the future, it's often used as a benchmark qualification in all sorts of office/qualification based jobs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (18)
11.84%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (11)
7.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (36)
23.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (23)
15.13%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (16)
10.53%
How can I be the best version of myself? (48)
31.58%

Watched Threads