Im really starting to get pissed of with the reddit section mods

Watch
username3016746
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Its ridiculous! You ask a question in a section only to find its removed due to being incorrectly tagged. This tagging nonsense is ****ing annoying. The mods at TSR are not even bad compared to over at reddit, seriously may stop using the site its becomming pointless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Infamous*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
let it all out im here 4 u
username3016746
Rep:
?
(Original post by faisal_islam)
x
I guess it depends on sections you go to. I usually head to the tech related sections where geels like to exercise their internet power.

Posted from TSR Mobile
faisal_islam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Got Milk)
I guess it depends on sections you go to. I usually head to the tech related sections where geels like to exercise their internet power.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Forums should have freedom of speech. If you can't swear or abuse someone, where is the freedom of speech.
humanteaparty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why the ****ing **** can't I say ****?

In all seriousness though everyone on tsr uses the f-word and s-word, ridiculous that they censor it.
Paracosm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Its ridiculous! You ask a question in a section only to find its removed due to being incorrectly tagged. This tagging nonsense is ****ing annoying. The mods at TSR are not even bad compared to over at reddit, seriously may stop using the site its becomming pointless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey

From my POV, when it comes to a subreddit there will be certain guidelines clearly displayed and it is important to follow them to make sure that the content is accessible for everyone. I agree that sometimes reddit moderation can be a bit OTT with regards to metadata and tagging, but they do it to preserve the subreddit and keep things properly organised. Whilst it is a common trend to see anyone on any online community to want the mods to do x and y differently, or to blame the mods for everything... it's very often completely out of their hands and the way the guidelines are enforced are likely up to those who run the subreddit or community.

I agree it's sometimes frustrating when you're just trying to contribute, but it's best to just submit again and follow the guidelines than get too upset about it, 9 times out of 10, the mod is just doing their job. No matter how annoying that may be.

(Original post by faisal_islam)
Forums should have freedom of speech. If you can't swear or abuse someone, where is the freedom of speech.
This is an interesting response, but there is a reason there's a swear filter on TSR. Furthermore, TSR is a private site owned by a private company and ultimately they dictate what is and isn't acceptable.

(Original post by humanteaparty)
Why the ****ing **** can't I say ****?

In all seriousness though everyone on tsr uses the f-word and s-word, ridiculous that they censor it.
The swear filter is in place because TSR is used a lot at schools, in order for the site not to be blocked in schools, words have to be censored. TSR actually ran a poll recently about the filter and people voted to keep it!
username3016746
Rep:
?
(Original post by Paracosm)
Hey

From my POV, when it comes to a subreddit there will be certain guidelines clearly displayed and it is important to follow them to make sure that the content is accessible for everyone. I agree that sometimes reddit moderation can be a bit OTT with regards to metadata and tagging, but they do it to preserve the subreddit and keep things properly organised. Whilst it is a common trend to see anyone on any online community to want the mods to do x and y differently, or to blame the mods for everything... it's very often completely out of their hands and the way the guidelines are enforced are likely up to those who run the subreddit or community.

I agree it's sometimes frustrating when you're just trying to contribute, but it's best to just submit again and follow the guidelines than get too upset about it, 9 times out of 10, the mod is just doing their job. No matter how annoying that may be.

This is an interesting response, but there is a reason there's a swear filter on TSR. Furthermore, TSR is a private site owned by a private company and ultimately they dictate what is and isn't acceptable.

The swear filter is in place because TSR is used a lot at schools, in order for the site not to be blocked in schools, words have to be censored. TSR actually ran a poll recently about the filter and people voted to keep it!
*rolls eyes*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
*rolls eyes*

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's just how it is unfortunately. I sympathise that it's frustrating but what else would you expect them to do? Why bother getting worked up about it when you could just follow their guidelines? They have to enforce their guidelines evenly, so it won't just be you it happens to either.
Willy Pete
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That point became a little redundant when TSR started running articles sponsored by a sex toy manufacturer.
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Willy Pete)
That point became a little redundant when TSR started running articles sponsored by a sex toy manufacturer.
This really is nothing to do with me or the moderation policy of the site so I can't comment sadly. It is worth mentioning that they teach sex education in schools and there is nothing really vulgar about the article you have linked. But as I was saying, this is something you'd need to ask the CT, sorry!
Willy Pete
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This really is nothing to do with me or the moderation policy of the site so I can't comment sadly. It is worth mentioning that they teach sex education in schools and there is nothing really vulgar about the article you have linked. But as I was saying, this is something you'd need to ask the CT, sorry!
I would guess that it is pretty much universal across all school that sex toy manufacturers would appear on the blacklist for the school internet.
username3016746
Rep:
?
(Original post by Willy Pete)
I would guess that it is pretty much universal across all school that sex toy manufacturers would appear on the blacklist for the school internet.
Lol you ledge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alpha-tega
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have some milk!
Willy Pete
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lol you ledge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got to point out the hypocrisy sometimes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (231)
60.95%
No (79)
20.84%
Not sure (69)
18.21%

Watched Threads