The Student Room Group

2 UCAS accounts and applying to 10 unis

Like the qn, if you hvnt decided which course you want to study, what do you guys think of creating 2 accounts and write completely difference PS and apply to 10 different unis, or at least different course and college in unis like Oxford?
Original post by larvok
what do you guys think of creating 2 accounts

A waste of time. UCAS will spot it and withdraw the duplicate
What about applying through the UCAS and common app for more UK universities?? Is that possible
Original post by nadeen456
What about applying through the UCAS and common app for more UK universities?? Is that possible

I asked university representatives the same question. The resounding answer is no!
Original post by wolfmoon88
I asked university representatives the same question. The resounding answer is no!

okay, thank you for your reply!
okay, thank you for your reply!

No problem! and good luck! I also tried my hardest to find anyway that I can apply to more UK unis... sadly it did not work.
No problem! and good luck! I also tried my hardest to find anyway that I can apply to more UK unis... sadly it did not work.

Good luck to you too. Yeah it does suck that you have to apply to only five!! Idk why the put that rule that doesnt make sense and isnt helping anyone.
Good luck to you too. Yeah it does suck that you have to apply to only five!! Idk why the put that rule that doesnt make sense and isnt helping anyone.

Five is quite a few, considering that you're only going to one.

It is helping the universities not have even more applications to wade through.

What @RogerOxon said is completely true. But I guess it does help people prioritise their choices and what they want. Easier to make a decision between 5 universities compared to 10 universities.
What @RogerOxon said is completely true. But I guess it does help people prioritise their choices and what they want. Easier to make a decision between 5 universities compared to 10 universities.

What you and @RogerOxon said is true, but I would still have liked it if i could have applied to more than just 5. Anyway, good luck to all of you now with the offers.
What you and @RogerOxon said is true, but I would still have liked it if i could have applied to more than just 5. Anyway, good luck to all of you now with the offers.

Definitely! Same here :lol: that's why I contacted most of the universities on Common App and with direct application systems to see if I can apply to more institutions.

Thank you :smile:
It's possible to apply for more if you apply to non UCAS courses (part time or freestanding foundation years usually but also some international only courses or courses that start on campuses outside the uk) or to conservatoires through CUKAS

Or there's the handful of private universities that accept direct applicants.
(edited 7 years ago)
Five choices really ought to be enough. If there were many more choices, each university would have to spend less time on each application, which I don't think would be a good thing. It also increases the odds of them getting applicants that have done more research into their university.

The US system does allow you to apply to every (AFAIK) university, but it's not a single application form.
Reply 13
Original post by RogerOxon
The US system does allow you to apply to every (AFAIK) university, but it's not a single application form.

And you have to pay for each application too (approx $50-$100 per university)...
Original post by Doonesbury
And you have to pay for each application too (approx $50-$100 per university)...

OMG I know. I was going to apply to study in the US (and pray I got financial aid to cover the fees), but then I saw that you pretty much had no choice but to pay that much just to apply for one, in comparison to five for £23 here and swiftly changed my mind :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending