The Student Room Group

Best revision stratergy

I have just finished lectures, and have about just 3 weeks to study for an exam. I have 25 lectures to learn and the exam structure is to answer four questions (essay) out of 8 questions.
What would be best?
Hi,

1. 25 hours worth of work is not a massive heap, so you should be fine in 3 weeks.

2. Put in some solid time and effort to master the subject material.

3. Try and associate/interlink facts from different parts of the syllabus to aid memory.

4. Make notes - memory functions multimodally i.e. uses all your senses, so the act of moving your hand/fingers to write will enhance memory retention and recall.

5. Use my tried and tested exam tips: chk out attachment.

BEST OF LUCK! 6. BE POSITIVE - the best achievers in exams are optimists!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by macpatelgh
Hi,

1. 25 hours worth of work is not a massive heap, so you should be fine in 3 weeks.

2. Put in some solid time and effort to master the subject material.

3. Try and associate/interlink facts from different parts of the syllabus to aid memory.

4. Make notes - memory functions multimodally i.e. uses all your senses, so the act of moving your hand/fingers to write will enhance memory retention and recall.

5. Use my tried and tested exam tips: chk out attachment.

BEST OF LUCK! 6. BE POSITIVE - the best achievers in exams are optimists!

Thanks I'll take note of those ! At the moment I've gone over the lecture recordings and made notes, done some wider reading, and now using the learning objectives turning them into questions and going through them. However i really need to associate and interlink facts - might be a good idea to do a mindmap!
Much appreciated :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest