jblackmoustache
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've recently moved into a nursing related profession from another. It absolutely blows me away how *****y nursing is compared to many other sectors i have worked in. There was *****iness in the other sector i was in but there wasn't as much. It feels like an everyday thing. It makes the job (and learning) twice as hard.

I hate feeling as though make working environments are better (because it makes me feel like a disgusting sexist) but from the work environments i've been in the make ones have a greater sense of comradery and support (even with all the 'banter'). Is it just a thing in this sector or is it just my work environment? I hate to put this just down to because there are lots of women. It feels as though there is something deeper. Has anybody been urged to leave the profession or any other because of the *****iness?

Posted from TSR Mobile
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jblackmoustache)
I've recently moved into a nursing related profession from another. It absolutely blows me away how *****y nursing is compared to many other sectors i have worked in. There was *****iness in the other sector i was in but there wasn't as much. It feels like an everyday thing. It makes the job (and learning) twice as hard.

I hate feeling as though make working environments are better (because it makes me feel like a disgusting sexist) but from the work environments i've been in the make ones have a greater sense of comradery and support (even with all the 'banter'. Is it just a thing in this sector or is it just my work environment? I hate to put this just down to because there are lots of women. It feels as though there is something deeper. Has anybody been urged to leave the profession or any other because of the *****iness?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would only be **** in your eyes, not everyone thinks that. What other sectors are you interested in?
veganrockchick
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jblackmoustache)

I hate feeling as though make working environments are better (because it makes me feel like a disgusting sexist) but from the work environments i've been in the make ones have a greater sense of comradery and support (even with all the 'banter'). Is it just a thing in this sector or is it just my work environment? I hate to put this just down to because there are lots of women. It feels as though there is something deeper. Has anybody been urged to leave the profession or any other because of the *****iness?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't speak for nursing and it depends entirely on your team of course, but I had some real nightmare female colleagues working childcare. Not in every nursery but most of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (334)
55.57%
I don't have everything I need (267)
44.43%

Watched Threads