Hannie16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Just recieved an email of interview attendence for next thursday (9th March). It asks for another personal statement to say why i've picked University College London. Has anyone else recieved this? if so how are you finding writing the new ps?

This thread can be for ps ideas
james dv 1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hey man, yeah I have an interview with them the day before, Wednesday the 8th. yes I have done the written work I kept it short and sweet. NO WAFFLE
Hannie16
Rep:
?
(Original post by james dv 1)
hey man, yeah I have an interview with them the day before, Wednesday the 8th. yes I have done the written work I kept it short and sweet. NO WAFFLE
Congrats! Haha I'm just writing the PS up now and waffling is definitely something I'm trying to avoid. Good luck with your interview hope it goes well for us all!
alexskipip
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hey im sending mine off just now. i wrote just over a page. we all say we wont waffle but to really impress we need to have some waffle to make the PS ssound better than it actually is. im going to the one on the 9th. ill see you there
Hannie16
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexskipip)
hey im sending mine off just now. i wrote just over a page. we all say we wont waffle but to really impress we need to have some waffle to make the PS ssound better than it actually is. im going to the one on the 9th. ill see you there
Yes that's true actually, I'd like to think it's not waffle but I'm not the one judging it! I'm a little lost though tbh since they've not specified a limit on the amount we can write, I hope I've got enough though.

Oh great see you next week
james dv 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i kept it on the same page, imagen being them, you don't want to see 400 applicants with 2 pages of writing. so sweet and small. and get to the point
Bella510
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've got an interview on 12nd of April. I am an international student and my English is poor so I am so nervous now. Can you guys tell me what's their interview questions after you went to the interview, please?
sunflower.s
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
how can you have an interview on April 12 th if all decisions regarding entry must be made until march 31st?
Bella510
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sunflower.s)
how can you have an interview on April 12 th if all decisions regarding entry must be made until march 31st?
Nah, i think the deadline is 5 May
KK.Violinist
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I emailed them asking is there was a limit and they said as long as it can fit into that form given then it's fine. Good luck to everyone on their interviews, I have mine 16th March
_Giz
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did it go?? What did they ask you
Hannie16
Rep:
?
Sorry guys haven't been on for a while. I got mine rescheduled for the 11th April (I think that's a Tuesday). So yeah the deadline is probably for May. If anyone has already had the interview how did it go for you? I'm now in the process of tweaking my portfolio since it looks a bit naf. How's everyone else's portfolios going? (those who haven't had the interview yet)
Hannie16
Rep:
?
(Original post by KK.Violinist)
I emailed them asking is there was a limit and they said as long as it can fit into that form given then it's fine. Good luck to everyone on their interviews, I have mine 16th March
Hey thanks! hoe did your interview go then? Was it scary 0.o
yasminnorth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have you heard back from them after your interview? I had mine on the 8th too and I've heard nothing 😓

anait
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
@ people who have already done the interview, how was it? Also how much work did you bring? Were you given time and space to put the work out before talking about it? This is my first interview with any university so i dont really know how these things go Like if i'm gonna have to take the works out one by one while talking to the interviewer it's gonna be really awkward...
ademi1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi I am applying for architecture at the Bartlett and I was wondering what advice would you give for writing a good personal statement, good enough to get an interview ?
ademi1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi James I am applying to the same uni and I was wondering what advice would you give write a good personal statement for architecture ?look forward to hearing back from you
Skdbl11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ademi1234)
Hi James I am applying to the same uni and I was wondering what advice would you give write a good personal statement for architecture ?look forward to hearing back from you
Hi, i sent my personal statement off I’m October, I would say start with why you enjoy architecture and what your interests are towards architecture.. thenI would go on an speak about your current studies and current projects and what you have learned through subjects. I would talk out mainly art and any other related subjects such as physics and maths.. then anything you have done outside in your own time which relates to design or shows your interest in architecture should build the rest of your personal Statement. Anything such as work experience etc.

I applied for Ucl and have an interview in a week!! I also have two offers from Manchester and East London, hope this helps, let me know how you get on
salliarchi
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Skdbl11)
Hi, i sent my personal statement off I’m October, I would say start with why you enjoy architecture and what your interests are towards architecture.. thenI would go on an speak about your current studies and current projects and what you have learned through subjects. I would talk out mainly art and any other related subjects such as physics and maths.. then anything you have done outside in your own time which relates to design or shows your interest in architecture should build the rest of your personal Statement. Anything such as work experience etc.

I applied for Ucl and have an interview in a week!! I also have two offers from Manchester and East London, hope this helps, let me know how you get on
I also applied in October and sent off my Bartlett task by 7th of Novemebr and haven´t heard anything back...
Were your pieces very abstract in a sense? because I just drew normal buildings and streets for most of them, it wasn´t the most creative thing to be honest
Skdbl11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by salliarchi)
I also applied in October and sent off my Bartlett task by 7th of Novemebr and haven´t heard anything back...
Were your pieces very abstract in a sense? because I just drew normal buildings and streets for most of them, it wasn´t the most creative thing to be honest
Usually they take around a month to reply so I’ve read. My pieces were streets and not so much buildings but structures that I could go and visit and demonstrate an observational drawing.. my drawings kept to the breif I believe not too abstract
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (353)
46.39%
No (81)
10.64%
I'm not old enough (327)
42.97%

Watched Threads