The Student Room Group

college/childcare level 3 diploma

im in year 11, and going to college in sunderland doing childcare level 3 diploma and im really nervous, what would i be doing? what are the first few days like? im shy too so quite nervous?
Reply 1
Heyy, I've been doing that course since September and like yourself I'm quite shy but so far my experience has been absolutely fine and I love the course! We had an introductory day in April so by September our whole class had already met which definitely made the first day less nerve wracking so maybe you'll have one of those? At the beginning we just got told an overview of the course and how we will be assessed and stuff which was really informative so you may want to jot down some notes on the first day. Our first two weeks were described as 'just having fun before the real work started' so we did lots of group activities (which obvs helped us all get to know each other) that were group mindmaps, arts and crafts and some that involved us working together to take care of these fake baby dolls that cry and require feeding and stuff (I don't know if you used them in year eleven?) These all helped my confidence with talking around others and sharing my ideas :smile: If working with children is something that you truly want to do then you will be fine because you're around others that share the same passion and I can guarantee you won't be the only one who's shy so don't feel nervous in speaking to people because they'll probably be relieved to see you making the first move haha. It may take a few weeks before you settle down so don't be put off if you don't make a secure friendship group on the first day because it will all come with time. Either way you'll be stuck with that class for the next two years so the chances of you not making friends with anyone is basically impossible haha. Something that reassured me was that because we're split into different levels the classes aren't that big (at least they're not at my college) so that might make you feel more comfortable. Either way I hope you enjoy the course and good luck! If you have any other questions about the course or my experience then I'd be happy to try and answer them because I'm a bit of a 'newbie' to it myself so would quite happily share my first impressions and how I'm finding the course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks for taking time to reply to my question, have u got facebook or kik or something so its easier to talk on better about college? xx
Reply 3
Original post by oliviacamz12315
thanks for taking time to reply to my question, have u got facebook or kik or something so its easier to talk on better about college? xx

It's fine haha but yeah I've got Facebook :smile: what's yours and I'll add you?

Quick Reply

Latest