jackhitchens1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Top 3 favourite movies that you would recommend to watch ???
mdnvmpr
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jackhitchens1)
Top 3 favourite movies that you would recommend to watch ???
A Clockwork Orange
Sweeney Todd
Reservoir Dogs

all suuuper good films
Drostina
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
John Wick

Matrix

Forest Gump
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The Exorcist
The Green Mile
LOTR trilogy (I'm counting them as one film )
username2926188
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Would you Rather
Insidious 1 and/or 2
White chicks
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think this is actually an interesting g question that deserves more thought than just "list your 3 favourite films". It's not just about what you like- what do you want the people you show these films to to gain from them? What significance do these films have to.you? It's easy to show people three films you think are really really good, it's harder to show them three films that will challenge expectations, expose them to new ideas or broaden their cinematic horizons.

Anyway, in no particular order;

It Follows: To show people who think horror needs jump scares that films can be even creepier and build more tension without them, to show how horror can be a setting for exceptional cinematography and sound work, and to share my love of the recent wave of 80s throwbacks.

Enemy: Because it's a film so ambiguous (and downright bizarre) that it's impossible not to watch and formulate your own interpretation of events in this film- it leaves so many questions unanswered all the way through and that's absolutely intentional. It's also gorgeously shot, a masterclass in acting by Gyllenhaal and an introduction to the work of Denis Vileneuve, one of the best directors alive and arguably the director of the best body of work in the 21st century.

The Grand Budapest Hotel- Because it's my favourite film and an absolute masterpiece that I think everybody should see. It's a two hour piece of utterly charming artwork.
Lychee628
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Kingsman
White chicks
John wick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (99)
24.26%
No (309)
75.74%

Watched Threads