V1128 - Hunting Act (Repeal) Act 2017 (Amended)

Watch
Poll: Should this bill be passed into law?
As many are of the opinion, Aye (23)
48.94%
On the contrary, No (18)
38.3%
Abstain (6)
12.77%
This discussion is closed.
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hunting Act 2004 (Reintroduction) Act 2017 (Amended for Division), Quamquam123 MP

Hunting Act 2004 (Reintroduction) Bill 2017 (Amended for Divison)
An Act to reintroduce the Hunting Act of 2004.

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1: Repeal
(1) Hunting Act 2004 is hereby reintroduced.

2: Extent, Commencement and Short Title
(1) This Act extends to the United Kingdom.
(2) The provisions of this Act come into force immediately following Royal Assent.
(3) This Act may be cited as the Hunting Act 2004 (Reintroduction) Act 2017.

Notes

The Hunting Act of 2004 was a victory in the protection of animal rights and in the advancement of a civilised society. Among other things, it made it an offence to hunt a wild mammal with a dog, a barbaric and savage sport. Sadly however, this piece of legislation was repealed in 2016 by a repeal act. The hunting of animals in this way is a disgraceful attack on animal rights and this piece of legislation stands up for the native animals of our country against the elite who partake in such activities for their own sadistic enjoyment.

I have amended this bill for Division so that instead of repealing a repeal bill, it simply reinstates the original 2004 Hunting Act.

2004 Hunting Act:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/37/contents

Basiil17
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
adam9317, this is in division without a poll, is there a reason and also you left the B number on the bill?
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by DreamlinerFinder)
adam9317, this is in division without a poll, is there a reason and also you left the B number on the bill?
1. When an item is posted to division, it posts then prompts me to make a poll; you will find this with any poll on TSR, the poll appears a minute or 2 after the thread

2. You will also find based on any bill sent to division that the B is omitted. Amendments are VA, motions VM but a bill is simply V
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is there any precedent for being able to say "this thing now exists" without explicitly sating, at least the clone of the brexit bill actually had the text

And what a surprise, still no justification is given, but then class warfare never does get justification.
jape
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What people do on their own property is none of the government's concern, particularly if they're engaging in what often amounts to pest control.

I won't pretend I enjoy the thought of badger's getting killed though. I adore them.
TheDefiniteArticle
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Is there any precedent for being able to say "this thing now exists" without explicitly sating, at least the clone of the brexit bill actually had the text

And what a surprise, still no justification is given, but then class warfare never does get justification.
There's no precedent for this specific thing, but there are plenty of precedents for text being incorporated into legislation by reference, which is essentially what this does.
username1751857
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There's no explanation.

I don't agree with the government telling people what to do on their own properties as aforementioned. I will be voting against this bill.
Saoirse:3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've still yet to hear a convincing argument as to why it's acceptable to kill over eight billion animals each year in the UK, but we need to draw the line at some people entertaining themselves by hunting foxes. Neigh.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Saoirse:3)
I've still yet to hear a convincing argument as to why it's acceptable to kill over eight billion animals each year in the UK, but we need to draw the line at some people entertaining themselves by hunting foxes. Neigh.
BEcause poor people apparently NEED to eat animals, but rich people, well, must do everything possible to stop them being able to have a nice day out, who cares if it isn't actually the preserve of the rich.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
BEcause poor people apparently NEED to eat animals, but rich people, well, must do everything possible to stop them being able to have a nice day out.
Which is just nonsense. Nobody needs to eat animals and in fact the vast majority of us eat far more of them than is ideal either for the environment or our own health.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which is just nonsense. Nobody needs to eat animals and in fact the vast majority of us eat far more of them than is ideal either for the environment or our own health.
Absolute tosh
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Absolute tosh
Huh? My post or that argument?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Huh? My post or that argument?
A day witout a pound of meat consumed is not a good day.
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A day witout a pound of meat consumed is not a good day.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Exactly.

Meat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, elevenses, occasionally I forgo it when having supper. Literally one of the first things I do in the morning and one of the last things as night I do is eat meat, definitely don't need to worry about overall protein deficiencies
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Exactly.

Meat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, elevenses, occasionally I forgo it when having supper. Literally one of the first things I do in the morning and one of the last things as night I do is eat meat, definitely don't need to worry about overall protein deficiencies
My biggest sin is that I regularly roll out of bed so late that I lack the time to fry bacon, but other than that I'm much the same
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jape)
I won't pretend I enjoy the thought of badger's getting killed though. I adore them.
Pretty much all of my experience with badgers has been dead ones on the side of the road during culling season, so badgers are nasty verminous creatures like foxes and rabbits in my mind.
jape
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Pretty much all of my experience with badgers has been dead ones on the side of the road during culling season, so badgers are nasty verminous creatures like foxes and rabbits in my mind.
I admire their temperament. European Badgers are quite chill around humans, and are largely indifferent to our presence. If you try and mess with them, they'll take it until they become convinced that you're out to kill them. Then they go ballistic and it's pretty hard to fight them off because they're super durable. Tough, loose skin, sharp teeth, quite well-built with a low centre of gravity.

As I say, I do like badgers.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jape)
I admire their temperament. European Badgers are quite chill around humans, and are largely indifferent to our presence. If you try and mess with them, they'll take it until they become convinced that you're out to kill them. Then they go ballistic and it's pretty hard to fight them off because they're super durable. Tough, loose skin, sharp teeth, quite well-built with a low centre of gravity.

As I say, I do like badgers.
I'm sure an elephant gun would deal with them easy enough
username2808800
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.73%
I'm not sure (16)
3.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (151)
33.71%
I have already dropped out (8)
1.79%
I'm not a current university student (207)
46.21%

Watched Threads