Taubinator
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Any advice from experience of the halls at Nottingham? Which is the best and which to avoid? Any help would be much appreciated!
IGS1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Taubinator)
Any advice from experience of the halls at Nottingham? Which is the best and which to avoid? Any help would be much appreciated!
You do not have the option of choosing your hall. You choose catered or self catered, the area (Uni Park is split into 4 areas) and then the type of room (some areas have no en suites left). The university then allocates your hall. I'm waiting to hear what I have got (applied a week ago).
frasercee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you can now select a 'ZONE' when going for catered calls, so if you look at the map of uni park you can choose a zone near to the sports centre or tour faculty. As for the 'best' there is no such thing. All catered halls are similar with only small differences on size, room type and location
Cupholder
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Taubinator)
http://thetab.com/uk/nottingham/2014...st-halls-19099

This is worth it for a good laugh, I know it's The Tab but I have a feeling that the stuff they said about Cripps and Hugh Stewart is true :gigg:

I would say Derby and HS/Cripps are equally best bets for catered, and as for non-catered, I always thought they were too isolated from the main campuses for my liking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (138)
58.72%
No (52)
22.13%
Not sure (45)
19.15%

Watched Threads