The Student Room Group

Trump Attorney-General recuses himself from Russia probe

Trump's Attorney-General Jeff Sessions has had to recuse himself from any involvement with the investigation into Russian contacts with Trump and the GOP after he lied to congress about meetings he (Sessions) had with his Russian handler (oops, I mean ambassador)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/02/us/politics/jeff-sessions-russia-trump-investigation-democrats.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

This won't stop; it's clear they've covered up their connections to Russia and just like Watergate, it's the cover-up that will get them. It will be drip-drip-drip of stories, every few days, for years until Trump resigns or is impeached.

Meanwhile, the FBI continues its counterintelligence investigation into Trump campaign's relationships with Russian intelligence and mobsters, including Trump's close business partner and Russian mobster Felix Sater, who was convicted of stabbing a man in the face before later being prosecuted for his involvement in a $50 million stock fraud, in partnership with New York mafia families the Gambinos and the Colombos, of elderly people (including Holocaust survivors). These are the kind of people Trump does business with. This is how he rolls.

But given Trump's other business partner, the multimillionaire former Soviet Ministry of Commerce official and Kazakh oligarch Tevfik Arif, it's not surprising the Russians were able to blackmail Trump.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
More fake news from liberal cooktards.
"I swear that I have had no meetings with Russian officials. I will not recuse myself unless I deem it necessary"

Becomes

"Ohhhhh, I didn't realise you meant any meetings. Do those meetings really count?"

Becomes

"I forgot to mention I met Russian envoys twice, my bad guys. But they were totally fine and I don't admit any wrongdoing, but I'll recuse myself anyway. We're cool now, right?"

This is not the behaviour of an innocent man.
Reply 3
Original post by chickened
More fake news from liberal cooktards.
Reply 4
PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending