The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Computer Science Coursework plagiarism

Alright, for my coursework - I'm making a game. But to make this game I'm learning how to do so from a book that I bought. Because the code I'm getting from the book is being used for my project, will it be seen as plagiarising?
It depends how much you are using it, e.g. whether you are using it to teach yourself the basics of how to code a game and maybe taking a few features shown (ok to do) or just going through the book and typing out each part of the book with no changes, no different features (not ok).

It also might depend on whether in your coursework you actually have to submit the code, as when I did this course last year you only had to submit screenshots of your code (although I know the course changed since then so I'm not sure).

Learning from it and copying it are two different things if you are really just learning from it then it is fine to use.
Reply 2
For a complicated system like an RPG, it's gonna be a bit hard to implement my own features. I am planning to make my own, but it's a bit difficult to do that considering how rigid they are
Reply 3
bump
Original post by yoast
Alright, for my coursework - I'm making a game. But to make this game I'm learning how to do so from a book that I bought. Because the code I'm getting from the book is being used for my project, will it be seen as plagiarising?

ik im off topic but i would like to know what grade u got in AS and what advice u would give for revision?

Quick Reply

Latest