How to get a job in an abattoir?

Watch
IFLICHBA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm thinking of applying for a job in an Abattoir, but I see apprenticeships everywhere. I'm at uni and need something to help fund my studies. How do I go about getting a job there? I don't have a car and I'm guessing they'll all be in rural areas, so that may be a problem. Should I just send them an email saying why I want the job? How do I do it without sounding like a psycho?

(I really hate cows)
Goaded
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Duuuude you don't wanna deal with cows tripe (or lamb TBH) raw, unwashed green tripe is the most disgusting thing in earth and I believe a whole cows one can be about 20kg!
IFLICHBA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Goaded)
Duuuude you don't wanna deal with cows tripe (or lamb TBH) raw, unwashed green tripe is the most disgusting thing in earth and I believe a whole cows one can be about 20kg!
You are talking about one of its stomachs? I could wear gloves/breathing masks so I don't see the problem. Do you have some experience in this area?
Nerry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tell them you worked in a butchers previously and can therefore handle it
Goaded
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IFLICHBA)
You are talking about one of its stomachs? I could wear gloves/breathing masks so I don't see the problem. Do you have some experience in this area?
Yes I regularly deal with cows tripe and lambs tripe. Nothing stops the stink lmao.

I've not worked in an abattoir though, I just go there once a month to pick up various offal and meat.
Willy Pete
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IFLICHBA)
Cows only have one stomach.

I'm sure killing animals would probably be a required experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (97)
39.43%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.98%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.32%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.17%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.2%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.91%

Watched Threads