The Student Room Group

What should I have for my first alcoholic drink if Ive never drunk before?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bean sprout
I don't like any chocolate.

But hot chocolate is different, I don't really like eating chocolate, but hot chocolate is life.

How can you hate life?
Reply 21
Oh, forget my previous suggestion of a Pomegranate Martini - how about a Pina Colada?

It's gotta be a good 2 of your 5 a day?
gin
People suggesting wine and beer... These are tastes that take quite a lot of acquiring.

The poster suggesting super sweet cocktails is on the right lines.
Reply 24
Original post by TimmonaPortella
People suggesting wine and beer... These are tastes that take quite a lot of acquiring.

Funny you should mention that cos...

I was just thinking of a Cabernet Shiraz - commonly regarded as the King of Australian reds:smile:
Original post by Willy Pete
But hot chocolate is different, I don't really like eating chocolate, but hot chocolate is life.

How can you hate life?

Life is merely a social construct. :wink:

But cocktails get you ****faced, they are far too drinkable and with no real knowledge of how alcohol affects you they will be drooling on the floor within the hour.
Reply 27
But cocktails get you ****faced, they are far too drinkable and with no real knowledge of how alcohol affects you they will be drooling on the floor within the hour.

True - maybe something more low key then...

Snakebite with a large tequila chaser?

lol well yeah so just limit yourself the first time. (Or don't -- that's how you get knowledge of how alcohol affects you after all.)

I dunno, for me personally it took me a lot of drinking wine and beer before I liked them and I wouldn't want them to be my introduction to alcohol.

I suppose you could go for one of those super sweet ciders, they're probably objectively pretty nice too.
lol well yeah so just limit yourself the first time. (Or don't -- that's how you get knowledge of how alcohol affects you after all.)

I dunno, for me personally it took me a lot of drinking wine and beer before I liked them and I wouldn't want them to be my introduction to alcohol.

I suppose you could go for one of those super sweet ciders, they're probably objectively pretty nice too.

You can never just have one drink.

It was the complete opposite for me, I used to really like drinking Guinness when I was a child, which is an acquired taste for most.

A basic cider would be ok, something like Stowford Press. Certainly not a scrumpy, although they are damn fine.
Rekorderlig is basically fruit juice :biggrin: drink that
drinks which are palatable are champagne or fruity ciders. Try Pimm's with lemonade it's easy to drink and enjoyable.
Do you want to get drunk or avoid getting too drunk?
Rum and Coke, mate. :u:
Original post by Alextox
I highly recommend you not to drink alcohol. Alcohol is a drug. Do not waste your life because of alcohol.

Get a grip
Reply 35
Something with a hint of alcohol

Like a vodka and coke, a wkd or any cocktail

If you want something heavier try a glass of white wine
Original post by Allie4
Something with a hint of alcohol

any cocktail

Most cocktails have far more than a hint, you are looking at between 3 and 10 units.
Original post by SargentZenj2
Yeah

I recommend vodka, Belvedere, Grey Goose, Mamont, Russian Standard Platinum, Absolut etc. Don't! Ever! Go! Cheap! Vodka is not a drink you want to cheap out on, if you get it wrong, you'll end up with burning insides as some vodkas are paint stripper.
Whoever said Ameretto and Coke, that is a very solid combo.

Tastes like Dr. Pepper. It's amazing.
Original post by PandaSal
I recommend vodka, Belvedere, Grey Goose, Mamont, Russian Standard Platinum, Absolut etc. Don't! Ever! Go! Cheap! Vodka is not a drink you want to cheap out on, if you get it wrong, you'll end up with burning insides as some vodkas are paint stripper.

Or...

Anything they sell at a supermarket, if you are mixing it then buying expensive is pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest