Nico_99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm currently doing IB, I'm doing really well and I have a lot of free time. My school did not offer History as a subject, so I couldn't choose it, but I'm really passionate about history and I want to take it. Also, given that I want to probably apply for history in the UK, it's recommended if not required to study history. The school I go to is also a Cambridge center, and they accept private candidates. Having said this, they are really not the experts on A-levels, they mostly do IGCSE.

My question is what material do I need to buy in terms of books in order to do the exam in June 2019? And how does this NEA work? Do I just have to find a teacher who is willing to grade my work/follow me a bit? I need a bit of explanation regarding these things, thanks in advance!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:
Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Fox Corner)
x
Grace27
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I assume you are talking about the exam board AQA? For a level history? If you are let me know which topics you would choose? If you are doing AQA you have to choose 2 subjects which fit their criteria, must span enough years etc. I am doing 1C Tudor England and 2Q the American dream, theres a variety of text books you can get yourself and could probably teach it to yourself as most things are 'straightforward' because its factual and not hard concepts. But there is a significant amount of content and specific ways to answer exam q's so you would probably need a teacher to guide you to begin with and mark practice essays. In regards to NEA, it is really hard ngl. You have to pick another subject that doesn't overlap with the content you are already studying and it must cover approx. 100 years (80-120). You need to find historical interpretations and primary sources and analyse it and argue for a question (that you have to pick and approve with AQA) if you want to do it I would suggest you have a teacher who is familiar with all this to help you because of how hard it is, you would need someone to mark drafts for you. Let me know if this doesn't make sense and you need any help if you are doing AQA history
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.27%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.94%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.07%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.38%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed