The Student Room Group
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London

Books for Biomedical Science - Any help appreciated

I am a bit confused as to how people know what books apply to their course. I am going on to study Biomedical science at St Georges in september and cannot find a list of books specific to the course. The concept of reading up on topics is really confusing me because surely all books go into a different level of depth on topics? How do you know that you're going at the right pace if everyone's reading different books?
If possible could people suggest books that will be critical for a biomed student, I would really appreciate any help! And any helpful books that I can read before I start my degree.

Thank you :-)
@FemaleBo55 help her :biggrin:
Halls of residence, St George's, University of London
St George's Hospital Medical School
London
Firstly, I'd highly recommend that you hold on to your A-level textbooks for biology and chemistry (if you did them) because they can be extremely useful especially when the first year is similar to A-levels. Furthermore, the types of books that you want to read for further reading depends on what module you are talking about. I assume at St. George you'll learn human physiology for example, so i'd recommend that you get the vander's human physiology book (if you did biology at a-level) or the stanfield (if you did not do biology in sixth form). It's hard to recommend textbooks without knowing the module as each module has their own extra reading.

Tbh, so far im in my first year of uni, and most of the time the exams are based on the lecture material not really the extra reading you do.
I hope that helped??

Good luck in september!
Reply 3
Original post by FemaleBo55
Firstly, I'd highly recommend that you hold on to your A-level textbooks for biology and chemistry (if you did them) because they can be extremely useful especially when the first year is similar to A-levels. Furthermore, the types of books that you want to read for further reading depends on what module you are talking about. I assume at St. George you'll learn human physiology for example, so i'd recommend that you get the vander's human physiology book (if you did biology at a-level) or the stanfield (if you did not do biology in sixth form). It's hard to recommend textbooks without knowing the module as each module has their own extra reading.

Tbh, so far im in my first year of uni, and most of the time the exams are based on the lecture material not really the extra reading you do.
I hope that helped??

Good luck in september!

Thank you! This is super helpful. I hope your degree is going well :-)
Original post by grasshoppus
Thank you! This is super helpful. I hope your degree is going well :-)

if you need anything, just PM :smile: i'd be happy to help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending