ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I want to self teach FM this summer, i've told my teacher about this, she says it's a bit late because my exam board is WJEC, and even their FM AS requires knowledge of C1-4 first.

The thing is, i want to do Edexcel FM AS, does C1-4 still apply?
RDKGames
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
I want to self teach FM this summer, i've told my teacher about this, she says it's a bit late because my exam board is WJEC, and even their FM AS requires knowledge of C1-4 first.

Have a look at the content of the modules and you will see which parts are relevant to C1-4, but if you have covered most of C1-4 then it shouldn't be a problem.
ihatePE
Rep:
?
(Original post by RDKGames)
Have a look at the content of the modules and you will see which parts are relevant to C1-4, but if you have covered most of C1-4 then it shouldn't be a problem.
oh which board did you do for FM? ive only done c1-2 and m1 this year
RDKGames
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
oh which board did you do for FM? ive only done c1-2 and m1 this year
I did FM on AQA. Also, I forgot to mention (and probably mispoke while at it) that AS FM would only really require you to have C1-2 because if people are taking FM+M at the same time then clearly it doesn't make sense for them to cover C1-4 in the first year just to do FM - then again, I don't know how WJEC works.

For AQA and Edexcel, you only need C1-2 knowledge for AS FP modules and maybe some M1/S1 if you're doing further M/S modules.
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Edexcel FP1 doesn't require c3 or c4, but some topics may help like differentiation of parametric functions. But you only need c1 and c2 knowledge for FP1.

If you do WJEC FM, you could go over c3 and c4 in the summer.
ihatePE
Rep:
?
(Original post by RDKGames)
I did FM on AQA. Also, I forgot to mention (and probably mispoke while at it) that AS FM would only really require you to have C1-2 because if people are taking FM+M at the same time then clearly it doesn't make sense for them to cover C1-4 in the first year just to do FM - then again, I don't know how WJEC works.

For AQA and Edexcel, you only need C1-2 knowledge for AS FP modules and maybe some M1/S1 if you're doing further M/S modules.
oh ok, that make more sense on the other boards, my teacher said there's two who does FM with wjec in my school privately and they're rushing it through C1-4, i dont understand it either tbh.
thanks

(Original post by NotNotBatman)
Edexcel FP1 doesn't require c3 or c4, but some topics may help like differentiation of parametric functions. But you only need c1 and c2 knowledge for FP1.

If you do WJEC FM, you could go over c3 and c4 in the summer.
thanks, i'll just go for edexcel hehehehe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.03%
I don't have everything I need (255)
43.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise