Lost revision timetable

Watch this thread
Oscar c
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have made a revision timetable twice, although I cant see that I could have saved it , I have now lost both. Please help. It was the time planner from study tools on TSR.
Thanks
Naomeyz_01
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
This has happened to me SO many times and I have come to the realisation that the planner don't work

Posted from TSR Mobile
WhiteScythe
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
That is so annoying - I just spent 2 hours creating one ffs
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Oscarc Naomeyz_01 WhiteScythe

I'm really sorry about this - planners should save automatically once they are set up.

It must have been very frustrating.

Can I ask a couple of questions?

Did you make it on TSR?
Were there exams or deadlines set?
When you returned to your planner, was there just the introductory planner page and no record of yours at all?
What browser were you using?

I'll be looking into possible causes today and will reply in this thread as soon as I can.
WhiteScythe
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Triple yes to your first three questions and Google Chrome was the browser I used.
The Learn Ranger
The Learn Ranger
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by WhiteScythe)
Triple yes to your first three questions and Google Chrome was the browser I used.
The Learn Ranger
Thanks for the info. We're struggling to work out why this happens to a very small number of timetables.

Do you, by any chance, recall the date this occurred? (Sorry to bombard you with questions but we did have an issue for a couple of days where the indexing went crazy).
Kevin De Bruyne
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by The Learn Ranger)
Thanks for the info. We're struggling to work out why this happens to a very small number of timetables.

Do you, by any chance, recall the date this occurred? (Sorry to bombard you with questions but we did have an issue for a couple of days where the indexing went crazy).
I don't think this is a recent issue though, I've seen threads weeks/months ago where people report timetables just disappearing. May be worth checking when the last successfully saved timetable was :lol:
The Learn Ranger
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SeanFM)
I don't think this is a recent issue though, I've seen threads weeks/months ago where people report timetables just disappearing. May be worth checking when the last successfully saved timetable was :lol:
Well, that is a reasonable question. I'm at home right now so don't have the TSR data to hand. On Get Revising over 1000 a day are saved. My guess would be over 100 a day.

It's a tricky one as we haven't been able to replicate the problem in the office.

The 'disappearing' issue seems to be TSR-related rather than on Get Revising.

Once the timetable has been set up (i.e. subjects, hours of study, classes set), it should save automatically.

Sometimes the query is about actually finding it as it does not appear in 'My resources' (we're aiming to fix that with changes to navigation.

I think you are already doing this, but would you mind tagging me into anything you see like this?

Thanks.
njfsthatsme
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by the learn ranger)
oscarc naomeyz_01 whitescythe

i'm really sorry about this - planners should save automatically once they are set up.

It must have been very frustrating.

Can i ask a couple of questions?

Did you make it on tsr?
Were there exams or deadlines set?
When you returned to your planner, was there just the introductory planner page and no record of yours at all?
What browser were you using?

I'll be looking into possible causes today and will reply in this thread as soon as i can.
Hello,
This has happened to me twice too. Input individual class and exam timetable. Took hours. Not good enough. I USED TSR AND CHROME AND WHEN I GO BACK IT IT KNOWS THE SUBJECTS I'M DOING BUT NO RECORD OF MY CLASSES AND EXAM DATES.
njfsthatsme
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

Hello,
Sorry to hijack this post, but the same happened to me, same browser, etc. and it happened on Friday. Thanks.
njfsthatsme
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Well, that is a reasonable question. I'm at home right now so don't have the TSR data to hand. On Get Revising over 1000 a day are saved. My guess would be over 100 a day.

It's a tricky one as we haven't been able to replicate the problem in the office.

The 'disappearing' issue seems to be TSR-related rather than on Get Revising.

Once the timetable has been set up (i.e. subjects, hours of study, classes set), it should save automatically.

Sometimes the query is about actually finding it as it does not appear in 'My resources' (we're aiming to fix that with changes to navigation.

I think you are already doing this, but would you mind tagging me into anything you see like this?

Thanks.
Where does it appear, it not in My Resources?
The Learn Ranger
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It should save automatically and just appear whenever you click on a link to the planner eg in 'TSR Apps'.

It sounds like it's retaining subjects but for some reason not keeping the other stuff??

Just a thought - does TSR ever log you out when you're not expecting it?

I've reported this problem to the tech team now so we'll see if any of them have any ideas. It's tricky as it is only affecting a small number of timetables.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

Sorry again.
The Learn Ranger
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Oscar c)
I have made a revision timetable twice, although I cant see that I could have saved it , I have now lost both. Please help. It was the time planner from study tools on TSR.
Thanks
(Original post by Naomeyz_01)
This has happened to me SO many times and I have come to the realisation that the planner don't work

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by WhiteScythe)
That is so annoying - I just spent 2 hours creating one ffs
Hi, just to update you,

We think we've worked out why some planners aren't saving on TSR.

We (hope) we have a temporary solution in place and a more permanent one ready for the end of the week.

Do have another try if you still have the patience (although I totally understand if you've given up on it)

Let me know how it goes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (21)
23.86%
The paper was reasonable (39)
44.32%
Not feeling great about that exam... (20)
22.73%
It was TERRIBLE (8)
9.09%

Watched Threads