The Student Room Group

Does this sound like she might like me?

I'm at uni and I started a part time job in January. I covered someones shift 2 weeks ago so I was working with new people. Anyway I got talking to one girl who works there and we got on really well. I went into the shop a couple of days ago and she ended up serving me and she got excited when she seem me and was asking me how things were going and what I'd been up to etc. I was working to day and my shift finished when hers started so when I was about to leave she came in and came straight up to me and started talking to me even though she knows the other staff better than me.
Anyway does this sound like she could like me? I do like her, she seems really nice and she is pretty but the thing that could be a problem is she comes from a Muslim family and I don't. I know she doesn't completely stick to the religion though since I know she drinks alcohol. If you think she likes me what do you think I should do about it? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm at uni and I started a part time job in January. I covered someones shift 2 weeks ago so I was working with new people. Anyway I got talking to one girl who works there and we got on really well. I went into the shop a couple of days ago and she ended up serving me and she got excited when she seem me and was asking me how things were going and what I'd been up to etc. I was working to day and my shift finished when hers started so when I was about to leave she came in and came straight up to me and started talking to me even though she knows the other staff better than me.
Anyway does this sound like she could like me? I do like her, she seems really nice and she is pretty but the thing that could be a problem is she comes from a Muslim family and I don't. I know she doesn't completely stick to the religion though since I know she drinks alcohol. If you think she likes me what do you think I should do about it? Thanks

Whilst you ask her out for a coffee I will go out and buy a hat cos I can hear those wedding bells.

Go for it and good luck amigo:smile:

Yeah it sounds like it, doesn't it? What have you got to lose to pursue it further, slowly with these things by the way. My only advice is not to lose your integrity. Integrity means your values, principles, thoughts and words matching your actions throughout your life. It involves respect and dignity. Well Good Luck!
Reply 3
Original post by Kiritsugu
Yeah it sounds like it, doesn't it? What have you got to lose to pursue it further, slowly with these things by the way. My only advice is not to lose your integrity. Integrity means your values, principles, thoughts and words matching your actions throughout your life. It involves respect and dignity. Well Good Luck!

Original post by Drez999
Whilst you ask her out for a coffee I will go out and buy a hat cos I can hear those wedding bells.

Go for it and good luck amigo:smile:

The thing is, I'm quite shy and haven't ever been on a real date before so I'm not too sure what to do and if she says no I'll still have to work with her at some point so I just don't know what to do.
Ask her if she wants to go out for coffee or something yes! Don't make it all a big deal , just a simple chat to get to know her. I know you said you're shy but if you don't act upon your feelings you'll regret it. The worst that could happen is she politely declines.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
The thing is, I'm quite shy and haven't ever been on a real date before so I'm not too sure what to do and if she says no I'll still have to work with her at some point so I just don't know what to do.

ErinMei talks a lot of sense in the above post.

I suppose if you feel worried about asking her on a date or for a quick coffee you could just carry on as you are for a while and see how things go.

To take the pressure off yourself maybe think of saying something like 'hey, I'm gonna go and grab a coffee, d'ya wanna come with me'?

I do appreciate that you work different shifts but sometimes we have to bite the bullet if we like someone.

Good luck and I hope things go well for you - please post an update on any developments amigo:smile:

Like Drez999 said, take it slow and ask in a subtle way. That'll take the pressure off. If you ask in that way, then there's no impact on your future work relations, and it's a very easy, casual way to ask.
Reply 7
Yeah I guess you are all right, it's just that I have a tendency to overthink things and worry too much. I find it hard to just relax. I also don't know the next time I'll see her because we don't normally work the same shifts and it would be weird just going in to the shop when shes working just to ask her out for a coffee.
Original post by ErinMei
. The worst that could happen is she politely declines.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The worst that could happen is she tells him literally to something off. Well actually getting killed while going on a date with her would be much much worse, but thats a ridiculous thing to speculate. The offensive off thing is still a realistic (albeit negligible) possibility.
Reply 9
Original post by Laomedeia
The worst that could happen is she tells him literally to something off. Well actually getting killed while going on a date with her would be much much worse, but thats a ridiculous thing to speculate. The offensive off thing is still a realistic (albeit negligible) possibility.

tbf though, if someone asked you out for a coffee, even if you don't want to go its extremely likely you'll tell that person to **** off.
tbf though, if someone asked you out for a coffee, even if you don't want to go its extremely likely you'll tell that person to **** off.

Yeah that's why i said politely declines. If she was rude she would be acting over the top(in my opinion) , but atleast you'd know not to further your relationship haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending