The Student Room Group

#FeelGoodFridays: 27tth February - 3rd March

Evening, folks! There's a lot of bad news in the world, and, whilst it's important to discuss that, the good news is often overlooked as a result. For this reason, #FeelGoodFridays is a new idea to try and round up some of the more positive stories of the week :smile:

So here's the breakdown for the 27th February - 3rd March!

1. Abandoned Baby Otter Being Nursed Back To Health
After being separated from her mother during a storm, six-week-old Daffl was picked up by the Stapeley Grange Wildlife Center, who are rehabilitating the pup. They aim to release her back into the wild in the next year.

2. Meet the eight-year-old litter picker cleaning up her neighbourhood
8-year-old Fern Scott has been dubbed a 'litter picking superhero' after she decided to tackle the rubbish problem She says that she enjoys going out and clearing up the litter, as it feels like she's doing a good deed... and one of her goals is to get a Blue Peter badge!

3. NBA Player to Donate $1,000 For Every Point He Scores at Next Game
Jrue Holiday will be donating $1,000 to the New Orleans tornado relief for every point he scores in his next game. The money will help the families affected by the tornadoes that hit them next month, and the match is set for next Friday, between The Pelicans and the San Antonio Spurs.

Are there any big stories you think have been missed? Or any other ones you'd like to add? Discuss them here, and let's see how many we can find :h:

A Kentucky cop said it was all part of the job when he took legal guardianship of an elderly man with dementia in his neighborhood.

"It doesn’t take any effort to care," said Sgt. Jon Sterling of the Erlanger Police Department. "Once Norm started down the road of not being able to take care of himself, it was the only logical step. You know, how could I not?"

The police officer of more than 20 years said he met Norm about four years ago, when the Korean War vet called cops to report some suspicious activity in his area.

The social workers determined he had a case of early on-set dementia, and Sterling added that Norm’s eccentric personality may have compounded the diagnosis.

"He’s got a way about him that I really liked because I’m a little eccentric myself," Sterling said. "So that’s kind of one of the ways we bonded."

http://www.insideedition.com/headlines/21943-cop-becomes-legal-guardian-of-83-year-old-with-dementia-who-cant-care-for-himself

This cop is rich in goodness.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending