The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by angell7
I chose geography because I was hopeless at history but I’d say go for the subject you enjoy the most and find the most interesting because you’ll be more likely to want to study for it

Yeah thats mainly why i dropped history cause i was soooo bored and i never really liked geography in year 7-9 but i started gcse geo and i was like 'this is so cool!!' Think it also depends on the teachers and their personality and stuff
Original post by babymelissaa
This is my first post and I desperately need answers and opinions on this!

I'm in year 9 and we're choosing our GCSEs choices this week. I need to know whether history and geography is better for me because I just can't decide!
My history teacher likes me in the class and I do try in the class but it's a lot to take in and remember! I do enjoy it most of the time but I'm not sure if the GCSE will become way too overwhelming and hard because I'm not really one of the top students in history.

My geography teacher does not like me at all because we didn't get to a good start. Therefore this year, I did not focus at all in geography so I missed quite a bit. However in geography from other years, I've fairly enjoyed it a lot and the content seems easy to me. People say that t geography GCSE is easy as well and fun, so if it is, I'd take it on.

Please tell me your opinions!

Currently I’m in year 10 and I chose geography and I was exactly in the same situation like u. So don’t worry I just thought history was all about facts and dates and 5here was no importance.however geography was enjoyable and u can get good amounts of money.
Now I have my mocks on geography but here we go
And it doesn’t matter on ur teachers personality don’t let it affect anything
Honestly Geography is far more interesting and useful

I'm in year 9 and we're choosing our GCSEs choices this week. I need to know whether history and geography is better for me because I just can't decide!
My history teacher likes me in the class and I do try in the class but it's a lot to take in and remember! I do enjoy it most of the time but I'm not sure if the GCSE will become way too overwhelming and hard because I'm not really one of the top students in history.

My geography teacher does not like me at all because we didn't get to a good start. Therefore this year, I did not focus at all in geography so I missed quite a bit. However in geography from other years, I've fairly enjoyed it a lot and the content seems easy to me. People say that t geography GCSE is easy as well and fun, so if it is, I'd take it on.

I'm in Year 11 and I'm actually doing Geography GCSE right now! And trus me, it is very easy. Geography is simple if you listem closely to concepts/ideas and know key terms. Most of my friends do History and they frequently complain about how they regret choosing History. I'm not saying that Geography is 100% better than History, but it's just a view from a Year 11 student :smile:
Hi! I’m in year 11 and have already done the history gcse . Personally I have always liked history it’s was just so interesting but when your doing the gcse it’s hard work but it’s also extremely fun .My teacher made it fun for us to learn about the lessons and overall our whole class (most,whole is an exaggeration) came out with grades from lvl6-9
So I say if your willing to put the work in go for it

I would pick History solely based on your teacher relationship.
I personally did geography and I would advise you to do it as it’s an easy A* however it is quite boring. I’d suggest you do history if you want a more exciting subject however the content is a lot more dense and you need to remember more stuff. Most of geography general knowledge
Geography is easy fun and interesting in my opinion but its your choice
Original post by itskxmil
Honestly Geography is far more interesting and useful
(edited 4 years ago)
im in year 11 currently and i take geography and history and in my recent mocks i got a 7 in history and a 3 in geography so i would argue that geography is harder but its all personal prefrence and what you enjoy. i prefere history and find geography boring and find we're just repeating stuff we did in lower years with a few added boring topics. they both look equally as good as gcses but i would recommend history because its great!
History is more interesting and there is a lot more things to learn about but you will probably need to revise A LOT because for me it’s hard to remember it all. Hope this helps
I found this very helpful, thanks so much!
hi same here i really like history and am getting good grades in it but other people say that geography is easier and i do find geography topics easy but I'm getting better grades in history
I did geography and highly recommend it
Reply 34
Original post by Emma:-)
I did geography and highly recommend it

haha i think you're 3 years delayed mate
lmfao guys this thread is 3 yrs old
I don’t personally agree, you may never have that teacher again so why shy away from the subject :smile:
Reply 37
im in your shoes. but im gonna pick geo
Original post by username2740239
geography is easier, but more boring. history is harder, but more interesting.

That is soo true

Hi i was wondering which one you ended up taking because im meant to choose mine too

Latest