Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
    Actually, (I totally forgot!) another good mate of mine is going to be doing Law at Liverpool. So I guess you might meet her!
    If I get in

ReputationRep:
    One of my best friends going to Oxford and the other to Lancaster. Five are going to St Andrews - leaving me all alone in London I know a few medicine students going to Kings but they're not people I particularly like. I'm not too concerned, hardly anyone will know each other, so all the more easier to say 'hello, will you be my friend?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    One of my best friends going to Oxford and the other to Lancaster. Five are going to St Andrews - leaving me all alone in London I know a few medicine students going to Kings but they're not people I particularly like. I'm not too concerned, hardly anyone will know each other, so all the more easier to say 'hello, will you be my friend?'
    i know many people going ucl providing they get their results of course but that doesn't mean i won't meet new people

ReputationRep:
    as much as i like my friends now, i think going to uni with 1 or 2 of them would be weird and perhaps might be worse than just all going to seperate ones. u might decide to be friends with different people once u get there and grow apart and never talk again! etc etc.
    so its def. not a bad thing to go alone! no way!

ReputationRep:
    You know what I'm freaked out by?
    I REALLY don't want any of my schoolmates from the year below me going to the same uni as me. I know several of them who have asked me which unis I applied to, and they are applying there..

UGH! I don't want to see them... lolz

xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    If I get in
    What do you need? ABB? You should get in...

ReputationRep:
    there r 5/6 of us all goin to sheffield...2 for dentistry, 2 for maths, 1 for law (ME!) and 1 for politics
    one of thm is sorta an ex so this should be interesting! im hopin to meet loads of new ppl but it'd be a shame nt to see old friends if ur living in the same city!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.