The Student Room Group

Missed a lot of Uni

I'm in my first year of university. I've missed 2 months of University lectures and seminars. Each week I'd tell myself I'd go in to lectures but then I'd get really nervous about it and go somewhere else instead.

I did this in sixth form too, I have no idea how I managed to get good a levels. I promised myself I wouldn't be like this at university.

I don't know who to talk to about this, I made an appointment with my personal tutor but was too scared to go through with it a couple of weeks ago. I've stopped doing my assignments too, I'd start writing them out and realise it's a terrible peice of work and not hand them in.

I know if I go they'll just kick me out once they realise I'm back. Even if they don't I'll fail because of all the assignments I've missed and probably still get kicked out. My friends are going to wonder what I've been doing too. My parents will also kill me. I need to sort this out but I have no idea what to do. I'm planning to go to my next lecture, but I'm worried I'll get the same feeling of impending doom and run away at the doors.

I have no idea why I've done this I was getting really good grades at the beginning of the year. It all began when I'd skip one or two lectures and then it went downhill. I don't need anyone shouting at me I already feel horrible about all this and I know I don't deserve to be at university.

Sorry for any issues with my formatting etc. I haven't used this website before. But I hope what I've said is comprehensible.
Usually the thing stopping you from attending your lectures is the same thing stopping you from answering why you didn't attend them. It's why you have wasted the tuition fee and why you can't ask for academic references. Even the internet stranger you make this thread for is asking you the simple question. Why?!
Original post by Winter189
I'm in my first year of university. I've missed 2 months of University lectures and seminars. Each week I'd tell myself I'd go in to lectures but then I'd get really nervous about it and go somewhere else instead.

I did this in sixth form too, I have no idea how I managed to get good a levels. I promised myself I wouldn't be like this at university.

I don't know who to talk to about this, I made an appointment with my personal tutor but was too scared to go through with it a couple of weeks ago. I've stopped doing my assignments too, I'd start writing them out and realise it's a terrible peice of work and not hand them in.

I know if I go they'll just kick me out once they realise I'm back. Even if they don't I'll fail because of all the assignments I've missed and probably still get kicked out. My friends are going to wonder what I've been doing too. My parents will also kill me. I need to sort this out but I have no idea what to do. I'm planning to go to my next lecture, but I'm worried I'll get the same feeling of impending doom and run away at the doors.

I have no idea why I've done this I was getting really good grades at the beginning of the year. It all began when I'd skip one or two lectures and then it went downhill. I don't need anyone shouting at me I already feel horrible about all this and I know I don't deserve to be at university.

Sorry for any issues with my formatting etc. I haven't used this website before. But I hope what I've said is comprehensible.

You need to go and speak with student support services and or your GP.

If you think you cant speak, then print off your post here and hand it to them.

You obviously have some sort of anxiety issue/ chronic procrastination and it needs to be diagnosed. from there you can get treatment and you can use that to explain whats been happening to your department.

Its not impossible to catch up 2 months work if you wish to, but doing nothing is sicking your head in the ground and it will catch up with you. You wont have to leave and can repair the damage done by either:

1. Working hard to catch up.
2. Seeing if they will let you sit the exams when the resits happen later in the summer.
3. Suspending studies and restarting year. Its only first year.

Not the end of the world, but you must speak to people who can help you as you cnat help yourself at the moment.
Reply 3
I’m the same as you. Literally in the exact same position however I have no idea how I’m about to come back. Today was the last day for the extenuating circumstance form to say why I haven’t completed assignments and I left it till the last ten minutes to complete the form.now I’m just so confused about what I should do next.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending