Really scared of the GCSE exam 2017

Watch
ninaG09090
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,
My GCSE'S are coming soon and I need specific advice on how I should start revising from now on , recently done mock exam last month and I got 2 A's, grade 6 in maths , grade 5 in English lit and grade 4 in English language 2 B's and I am actually guttered because it shows what I am currently working at now and I need to improve in 2 months I need to get 3 A*'s , 3 A's , grade 7 in maths, grade 6 in English lit and a grade 7 in English language and I have to work extra hard to get the grades that I want and I need you guys to tell me how I should revise in 2 months can someone give me detail decent advises on these following subjects.
I'm doing triple science OCR gateway
WJEC english language
Edexcel english lit
Edexcel maths
Edexcel spanish
Edexcel RE
AQA A geography
someone give good advises thanksxx
Hajra Momoniat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What I suggest is to look at the specification of each subject on the exam boards' websites to see if you know the content then its the case of keep practicing exam papers till the end
tamil fever
Badges: 20
Report 3 years ago
Try past papers and revise well..oh and have good rests
Am sure you'll be fine

Good Luck
Popsiclez
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ninaG09090)
Hi,
My GCSE'S are coming soon and I need specific advice on how I should start revising from now on , recently done mock exam last month and I got 2 A's, grade 6 in maths , grade 5 in English lit and grade 4 in English language 2 B's and I am actually guttered because it shows what I am currently working at now and I need to improve in 2 months I need to get 3 A*'s , 3 A's , grade 7 in maths, grade 6 in English lit and a grade 7 in English language and I have to work extra hard to get the grades that I want and I need you guys to tell me how I should revise in 2 months can someone give me detail decent advises on these following subjects.
I'm doing triple science OCR gateway
WJEC english language
Edexcel english lit
Edexcel maths
Edexcel spanish
Edexcel RE
AQA A geography
someone give good advises thanksxx
Im scared too not long left for us current Year 11 before we pass on the baton to the Year 10s, we only have March and April, the easter holidays then some of the real things start.
ninaG09090
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hajra Momoniat)
What I suggest is to look at the specification of each subject on the exam boards' websites to see if you know the content then its the case of keep practicing exam papers till the end
Thank you i will try and do that x
ninaG09090
Rep:
?
(Original post by tamil fever)
Try past papers and revise well..oh and have good rests
Am sure you'll be fine

Good Luck
Yeah past papers do help thank you for replying x
ninaG09090
Rep:
?
(Original post by Popsiclez)
Im scared too not long left for us current Year 11 before we pass on the baton to the Year 10s, we only have March and April, the easter holidays then some of the real things start.
yeah that is true which is why i am asking for help plus to be honest revising earlier wouldn't work because you will then forget what you have just revised, when exams start revising 2/3 months is better just saying
wizward
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Definitely agree with Hajra.
I wish I found specifications sooner at GCSE!!

Any revision you do should be based directly from the specification.

E.g if you like mindmaps, why not make a mind map of each parts of the specification.

For example, Geography: I'm guessing the specification will have different parts about rivers, coasts etc. Use the words in the specification to create a mind map of all the case studies you need.
Hajra Momoniat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you i will try and do that x
np
Miss.you
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Chill it exrm nt ya live
ninaG09090
Rep:
?
(Original post by wizward)
Definitely agree with Hajra.
I wish I found specifications sooner at GCSE!!

Any revision you do should be based directly from the specification.

E.g if you like mindmaps, why not make a mind map of each parts of the specification.

For example, Geography: I'm guessing the specification will have different parts about rivers, coasts etc. Use the words in the specification to create a mind map of all the case studies you need.
can you show me where you can be able to find it because I went to the website of the specification but still couldnt find it i mean i have found one but don't know if it is the right one ???
wizward
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
can you show me where you can be able to find it because I went to the website of the specification but still couldnt find it i mean i have found one but don't know if it is the right one ???
I'd advise you to have a quick scan through it and see if you can understand any of it.

Chances are if you can understand it, its your spec!!

Bottom line: Ask your teacher: they will be sure to know
ninaG09090
Rep:
?
(Original post by wizward)
I'd advise you to have a quick scan through it and see if you can understand any of it.

Chances are if you can understand it, its your spec!!

Bottom line: Ask your teacher: they will be sure to know
ok thank you so much , this is the advice that I will take x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads