What is the Meaning of life Watch

This discussion is closed.
moose_9_99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
What is the Meaning of Life? Other than a movie by Monty Python, great movie but in all seriousness. If anyone has any ideas then put them down or just make up something. In my opinion the meaning of life is to live a happy life and that is all that matters. Peace!
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
there is an answer

what was the question? who knows!
Egan1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by moose_9_99)
What is the Meaning of Life?
Does there have to be one?
moose_9_99
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Does there have to be one?
there has to be a reason why we are all here doesn't there. Or are we just takeing up oxygen?
Pencil
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The meaning of life is to create children. If you die without creating them, you've failed your mission.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
What is the Meaning of Life? Other than a movie by Monty Python, great movie but in all seriousness. If anyone has any ideas then put them down or just make up something. In my opinion the meaning of life is to live a happy life and that is all that matters. Peace!
the answer = 42

*damn messages havin to be 10 characters*
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Pencil)
The meaning of life is to create children. If you die without creating them, you've failed your mission.

So your advice to the male youth of the nation is to impregnate as many young women as they can??? As much fun as this sounds, I don't think its the best idea...
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
the answer = 42

*damn messages havin to be 10 characters*
i said that already
lou p lou
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ollie)
there is an answer

what was the question? who knows!
sorry, i wandered away from my computer halfway through typing my reply+ now feel stupid for copying ollie 5 posts later. i would delete it but you've all seen my stupidity now.

'great minds think alike. fools never differ'

lou xxx
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Apparently the male's natural instinct is to find a partner who is able to reproduce. They look for shiny hair, a sign of fertility, large hips (hence obsessions with big butts) and big boobs to feed the kids. So maybe the reason for human life is to reproduce, who knows (and frankly who really cares - hmm maybe that's a bit harsh)!
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Lucy)
Apparently the male's natural instinct is to find a partner who is able to reproduce. They look for shiny hair, a sign of fertility, large hips (hence obsessions with big butts) and big boobs to feed the kids. So maybe the reason for human life is to reproduce, who knows (and frankly who really cares - hmm maybe that's a bit harsh)!

If I don't look for those things in a girl then does this make me (a) not male OR (b) not human???

*Ponders his masculinity - YET AGAIN!!*
Lucy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
If I don't look for those things in a girl then does this make me (a) not male OR (b) not human???

*Ponders his masculinity - YET AGAIN!!*
I guess those aren't the only factors - I guess it depends on what else you look for?!
pantryboy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
........to not discover it.
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Juxtapiped)
........to not discover it.

By that theory, we should spend our time not searching for a truth in order to succeed in finding it??? Interesting and it does appeal in a really neurotic philosophical way.....
pantryboy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
By that theory, we should spend our time not searching for a truth in order to succeed in finding it??? Interesting and it does appeal in a really neurotic philosophical way.....

There is no truth but to experience it. (sorry - I'm the typical GCSE psuedo intellectual)
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Juxtapiped)
There is no truth but to experience it. (sorry - I'm the typical GCSE psuedo intellectual)

"It is in the experience that truth can become clear" - Sorry, typical random pretentious garbage spouted by a slightly deranged college hanger-on -
Rich
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
By asking the above question, you are assuming one key thing, which is that life has a meaning. A 'meaning' in this sense is merely a human requirement, what makes you think that the functionality of the universe would also have such requirements?
pantryboy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Is there a statement to which "why?" cannot be asked? If not, there is no meaning.
Leekey
Report 15 years ago
*Realises why philosophy students wear all black and hang around in small packs*
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
to get laid
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1462)
79.59%
Leave (375)
20.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed