Counter fraud service student loan company Watch

altfhn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi
I have been investigate by counter fraud service student loan company about child care grant. As childminder told them that she didn't fill up the CCG2 form and she didn't sign the form.

Therefore Fraud dept asking us to provide receipt, invoices and contract but unfortunately I have none of those. Because I paid her in cash and she never provide me any receipts or invoice

Now Fraud dept wants to interview me over the phone.

Has anyone experienced same prob or any advice please help me.

What fraud dept will ask me and what will happend after that....

any advice please help me.....

Thanks
marymoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi i am in the same suituation i have had to send additional evidence in i am currently suffering with mental health so i have had to send them proof in to show why i did what i did they have stopped all my fininace so i am just waiting for a decission i hope that help i would go and see the finance officer in university
kellyelzibeth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i have been investigated by the fruad department they have stopped all my money and said they want funded me any more for the same reason as you. also i never got interviewed over the phone i am currently suffering with server mental health problems before this happened so i have got supporting evidence so i will just have to wait and see what happens. good luck i would suggest going to see finance adviser in university to see if they can talk to counter fraud team as my student finance officer did.
altfhn
Rep:
?
(Original post by marymoses)
hi i am in the same suituation i have had to send additional evidence in i am currently suffering with mental health so i have had to send them proof in to show why i did what i did they have stopped all my fininace so i am just waiting for a decission i hope that help i would go and see the finance officer in university
Hi Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I just had telephone interview with investigator. She just asking how many days, how many hours and how much I am paying to childminder. Then she was saying that childminder told them much less amount than I am saying and asking why is the difference? Childminder told them that she didn't fill up the CCG2 form and didn't sign and asking me who fill up the form. I told that I filled my part then give it TO childminder, she took home and filled up and signed it and brought back to me then I post it. Finally officer told me, she will speak to her boss then make decision and let me know. What do you think what decision they might take? They already blocked all my students finance e.g. Tuition fees and maintenance loan. Now I am in big trouble. I would appreciate very much if you could please share your experience and knowledge and advice me during my difficult time in my life.
altfhn
Rep:
?
(Original post by kellyelzibeth)
i have been investigated by the fruad department they have stopped all my money and said they want funded me any more for the same reason as you. also i never got interviewed over the phone i am currently suffering with server mental health problems before this happened so i have got supporting evidence so i will just have to wait and see what happens. good luck i would suggest going to see finance adviser in university to see if they can talk to counter fraud team as my student finance officer did.
Hi Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I just had telephone interview with investigator. She just asking how many days, how many hours and how much I am paying to childminder. Then she was saying that childminder told them much less amount than I am saying and asking why is the difference? Childminder told them that she didn't fill up the CCG2 form and didn't sign and asking me who fill up the form. I told that I filled my part then give it TO childminder, she took home and filled up and signed it and brought back to me then I post it. Finally officer told me, she will speak to her boss then make decision and let me know. What do you think what decision they might take? They already blocked all my students finance e.g. Tuition fees and maintenance loan. Now I am in big trouble. I would appreciate very much if you could please share your experience and knowledge and advice me during my difficult time in my life.
kellyelizebth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i am in the same position they take two weeks to give a decision i never got any fees or loan paid i have to send additional evidence in now like doctor letter ,and other information support why i did what i did i have currently been suffering with mental health problems i would get your finance offers to help you because you could be liable to pay your own tuition fees i hope that helps
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by altfhn)
Hi
I have been investigate by counter fraud service student loan company about child care grant. As childminder told them that she didn't fill up the CCG2 form and she didn't sign the form.

Therefore Fraud dept asking us to provide receipt, invoices and contract but unfortunately I have none of those. Because I paid her in cash and she never provide me any receipts or invoice

Now Fraud dept wants to interview me over the phone.

Has anyone experienced same prob or any advice please help me.

What fraud dept will ask me and what will happend after that....

any advice please help me.....

Thanks
Sounds like you're in big trouble then, if you have no receipts, invoices or contract and have claimed more than the childminder has said she was paid. Why would you pay someone cash in hand but not seek any receipts or evidence for what you've paid over?!

You might want to seek legal advice, as the consequences could be very serious.
kellyelizebeth
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
who would you seek legal advice off please
altfhn
Rep:
?

Hi

Could you ask you, Did you get the decision yet? please help me to share your experience.

Thanks a lot.
altfhn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Sounds like you're in big trouble then, if you have no receipts, invoices or contract and have claimed more than the childminder has said she was paid. Why would you pay someone cash in hand but not seek any receipts or evidence for what you've paid over?!

You might want to seek legal advice, as the consequences could be very serious.

Hi

Could you please advise me how to deal with the matter and can student loan company take action against childminer or me? then what they can do?

Thanks in advance.
altfhn
Rep:
?
(Original post by kellyelizebth)
i am in the same position they take two weeks to give a decision i never got any fees or loan paid i have to send additional evidence in now like doctor letter ,and other information support why i did what i did i have currently been suffering with mental health problems i would get your finance offers to help you because you could be liable to pay your own tuition fees i hope that helps

Hi

Could you ask you, Did you get the decision yet?what was the decision please.

please help me to share your experience.

Thanks a lot.
Kellyelizebeth1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I am currently wanting for my decision had to gather all the evidence together I would say go to student finance officer in university and get them to support you also they can ring counter fraud team for you also they can speak to the childminder and gather evidence for you to support your case I hope that helps I will update you when I know what's going on with my decision
altfhn
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kellyelizebeth1)
Hi I am currently wanting for my decision had to gather all the evidence together I would say go to student finance officer in university and get them to support you also they can ring counter fraud team for you also they can speak to the childminder and gather evidence for you to support your case I hope that helps I will update you when I know what's going on with my decision
Hi

Thank you very much.
Please update me.
altfhn
Rep:
?

Hi

Could you please help us to share your knowledge, how is ending your situation?
altfhn
Rep:
?
Hi

Thank you very much.
Please update me.
Hi

Could you please help us to share your knowledge and how is ending your situation?

Thx
altfhn
Rep:
?
Hi

Thank you very much.
Please update me.
Hi

Could you please help us to share your knowledge and how is ending your situation?

Thx
altfhn
Rep:
?
Hi
Could pls help us to share your situation please, as I am in same situation and don't how to get on it.

I would appreciate if you could please share your knowledge pls.

Thx
altfhn
Rep:
?
(Original post by kellyelzibeth)
Hi
Could you pls help me to share your final decision and pls advise me how to get out of it. As I am stuck with my life.

I would appreciate if you could help me.

Thx
lollipop123rose
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi i have had all my student finance removed and i had to pay all my grants back and i had to pay my own tuition fees as i was in my last year . student finance didn't believe anything i said so i was lucky uni left me go part time because i never had the money to afford to pay all the fees ,the university office helping me phoned counter fraud team asking about the appeal process ,and they said its very unlucky anyone would win appeal also in seven years student who have been investigate by counter fraud and had their student finance taken from them will never get finance again i hope that helps .
altfhn
Rep:
?
(Original post by lollipop123rose)
hi i have had all my student finance removed and i had to pay all my grants back and i had to pay my own tuition fees as i was in my last year . student finance didn't believe anything i said so i was lucky uni left me go part time because i never had the money to afford to pay all the fees ,the university office helping me phoned counter fraud team asking about the appeal process ,and they said its very unlucky anyone would win appeal also in seven years student who have been investigate by counter fraud and had their student finance taken from them will never get finance again i hope that helps .
Hi

Can u pls help me, how did you pay back all money? Did u had income? Does it affect spouse's income?

Thanks for your time and help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Foundation Year Open Evening Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Regent's University London
    Psychotherapy Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Jul '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (127)
19.51%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (62)
9.52%
No I am happy with my course choice (368)
56.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (94)
14.44%

Watched Threads