The Student Room Group

Constantly need to pee!

I've had issues with going to the loo frequently for years now but this past week it's been worse than usual. Even immediately after I go to the loo I need to go again. I'm having no issues with leaking or really strong urges to go, just this mild feeling that seemingly never goes away. I know I could hold it for hours but it's uncomfortable and hard to ignore.

I know UTIs are associated with pain, burning and other symptoms, along with the frequent need to go. But is it possible to have one without any pain at all? I had an ultrasound and urine test done years ago but they found nothing abnormal.
Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Anyone?
Reply 3
Best to get it checked. That's literally the only thing you should do right now
Original post by Anonymous
I've had issues with going to the loo frequently for years now but this past week it's been worse than usual. Even immediately after I go to the loo I need to go again. I'm having no issues with leaking or really strong urges to go, just this mild feeling that seemingly never goes away. I know I could hold it for hours but it's uncomfortable and hard to ignore.

I know UTIs are associated with pain, burning and other symptoms, along with the frequent need to go. But is it possible to have one without any pain at all? I had an ultrasound and urine test done years ago but they found nothing abnormal.

Are you diabetic that sometimes can make you need the loo a lot get a blood test done.

definitely get it checked by a doctor, explain all of this to them. it can be caused from any number of things, from stress/anxiety to pregnancy. the doctor will make you do is a urine sample and then they'll sort it out.
Reply 6

Totally possible to have UTIs without the pain and burning. That could explain the recent frequency, but I doubt it could be causing years of it.
I know there are a bunch of things that can cause frequency urinating including stress, being diabetic, week/ small/ sensitive bladder, kidney issues including stones and much more. Sounds like now is a good time to bring it up again. Write down a list of all the things you have noticed and be sure to mention that you are having issues short and long term. If they seem to ignore the long term just go back after this is sorted so they won't be able to get confused and it won't interfere with any tests they do.

Remember that you know how you are feeling better than them so you can push a bit if you need to or say if something doesn't sound right. It may help to note down what times you do urinate to give them a better idea. I'm sure some people will go in saying they're going crazy frequently at 3 times a day cos actually they usually don't pee enough and are currently hydrated for once. You don't want them thinking you're like that. :smile:

This may be odd, but how are your bowel movements? I think being constipated can confuse itself with bladder symptoms a lot cos you've got that slight discomfort like when you need to pee and possibly a bit etra pressure in the area too. I think it's all in a close enough area that it could be easy to mistake feelings as being from one or the other. Just a suggestion to think about.

Quick Reply

Latest