VoidNoire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all. New to TSR so please go easy on me. I got set the following assignment for the 15th:

"You will need to write a short popular science article that could be published in a journal such as the New Scientist. The topic of your article should be about 'DNA identification' ; whether this is human or non-human, historical or modern-day, forensic or medical, it is all up to you. Please note: the title of your article should not necessarily be 'DNA identification', be original, the title is yours to choose!"

along with the following rules to go with it:

• Your article should be a minimum of 600 words and a maximum of 750 words (including figure legends and excluding references). Please clearly state the word count.
  • Your article should be written for the general public, i.e. using 'popular science language' which means no scientific jargon without appropriate explanation.
  • DO NOT plagiarise! University policies and penalties for plagiarism apply for this piece of assessed coursework!
  • Your article should have between 5 and 10 references. Any 'standard' referencing format is acceptable.
  • Your article should have 1 or 2 diagrams (i.e. pictures, photos, graphs or tables), which could be created by yourself or taken from the internet, ideally copyright-free or with copyright, but at least properly referenced. Do NOT copy & paste the figure legends but write them in your own words.

I posted as I mainly need ideas on what topic to write about but honestly any help (be it topic ideas, potential references to use, article writing tips, etc.) would be greatly appreciated. Cheers and have a nice day!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (100)
5.14%
Uncertainty around my education (291)
14.95%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (205)
10.53%
Lack of purpose or motivation (272)
13.97%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (85)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (111)
5.7%
Loneliness (170)
8.73%
Financial worries (69)
3.54%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.42%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.55%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (172)
8.83%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (186)
9.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed