The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

University of Sussex or Loughborough?

So, I've picked Sheffield as my firm choice to study English Literature (AAA) but my reserve is going to be either Sussex or Loughborough at AAB. I'm not sure which one to choose, I feel similarly about the courses, but the location of Sussex seems better whereas course satisfaction seems better at Loughborough. I'm not sure about the social life because there seems to be more to do in Sussex but Loughborough seems more social - even though people say there's barely anything to do there... quite confusing, any advice? I haven't been able to visit either of the universities so anything would be helpful. Any information on the course would be amazing as well.
Reply 1
Original post by hiraxs
So, I've picked Sheffield as my firm choice to study English Literature (AAA) but my reserve is going to be either Sussex or Loughborough at AAB. I'm not sure which one to choose, I feel similarly about the courses, but the location of Sussex seems better whereas course satisfaction seems better at Loughborough. I'm not sure about the social life because there seems to be more to do in Sussex but Loughborough seems more social - even though people say there's barely anything to do there... quite confusing, any advice? I haven't been able to visit either of the universities so anything would be helpful. Any information on the course would be amazing as well.

Don't pick any of them without seeing the unis 1st.

Go to the applicant days, see which you prefer for yourself. Based off what you said, I'd suggest Loughborough.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Original post by Owain5
Don't pick any of them without seeing the unis 1st.

Go to the applicant days, see which you prefer for yourself. Based off what you said, I'd suggest Loughborough.

I would but I think they've already happened now :frown: I was just/ am very low on money at the moment so have to unfortunately go off of what I see on the internet. Thanks for replying though!
Reply 3
Original post by hiraxs
I would but I think they've already happened now :frown: I was just/ am very low on money at the moment so have to unfortunately go off of what I see on the internet. Thanks for replying though!

At least use youtube vids. From Amateur people, not from the university itself. Cos ones by the uni itself will have been made to look brilliant. But ones made by ordinary students, will be much better.
Original post by hiraxs

Hi hiraxs

From a Loughborough point of view - there is loads to do here and there is no reason to get bored at all. Might be worth looking on the LSU (Loughborough Students' Union) web pages - it is run by the student for the students so you'll get a decent feel of things that are available there www.lsu.co.uk

A potential downside is that we are based in a town rather than a city - so although Nottingham and Leicester are on the doorstep (15 mins away) if you really want city life 24/7 and be in the middle of it all it's probably not going to be the place for you to be honest.

Sussex I really don't know about but at the end of the day - you need to go where you think you will feel more comfortable. You're going to be spending the next 3 or 4 years of your life at Uni and if you hate the location, it's not going to be great.

Good luck with your choice and if you need any specific info, you know where to ask :smile:

Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending