Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey....if any 1 of u is studying GCE further maths...can u tell me which text books to use...actually i m searching for the cambridge endorsed further pure maths text books..similar to those cambridge published for A levels maths..by neil and douglas quadling...i hope u r getting me......and any site for furhter maths tutorials..??....plz do let me know..thnk u..by the way wat grades u ppl got in ur GCE A levels physcs.....the practical..p3 suked soo hard....so freaking...!!!!..thank u..

ReputationRep:
    I'd be interested for some textbook recs as well, seeing as I have to teach myself F Maths pronto for Oxford. What books did you all use? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fahad20)
    hey....if any 1 of u is studying GCE further maths...can u tell me which text books to use...actually i m searching for the cambridge endorsed further pure maths text books..similar to those cambridge published for A levels maths..by neil and douglas quadling...i hope u r getting me......and any site for furhter maths tutorials..??....plz do let me know..thnk u..by the way wat grades u ppl got in ur GCE A levels physcs.....the practical..p3 suked soo hard....so freaking...!!!!..thank u..
    ur doin alevels in pakistan?

ReputationRep:
    The heinemann books are good and they teach you properly, they aren't like the stupid maths Letts/alternative revision guides which try to gloss over the subject in the minimum amount of time.
    The heinemann books have lots of examples and questions so by the time you've finished with them you really can throw numbers and ideas around and get the answer by any method you like sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mussed)
    I'd be interested for some textbook recs as well, seeing as I have to teach myself F Maths pronto for Oxford. What books did you all use? Thanks.
    im using the heineman maths books, but then they're specifically designed for edexcel, so it depends what board you're doing.

Why do you have to learn F.M "pronto" - are you applying to Oxford this october, or have you already got a place for maths/physics/engineering. I've got an offer to study Physics this oct at oxford and haven't done any F.Maths. Currently I'm looking at key topics in P4 and hopefully next week will start looking at P5. If you're in the same situation as me, then I recommend covering the more vital topics for your course and making sure you have good examples written down. There isn't the time to do EVERY question on all these topics, so pick selectively. I'm just trying to make sure I know the methods to apply, as when I get there I'm sure I'll have plenty of practise applying them to situations.

Good Luck

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 17, 2004
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.