Accommodation and Northumbria University

Watch
FIHW
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm studying geography at Northumbria in September (2017) and was wondering what the best accommodation was for someone who wants a flat with lots of people and a great social life.
Thanks
bbvii
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have a look into Knoll Court. It's privately owned halls which includes facilities such as en suite bathrooms, laundry on site, 50mb internet, 24/7 gated security, all bills included and is only £101 per week!
http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/...y/knoll-court/
FIHW
Rep:
?
(Original post by bbvii)
Have a look into Knoll Court. It's privately owned halls which includes facilities such as en suite bathrooms, laundry on site, 50mb internet, 24/7 gated security, all bills included and is only £101 per week!
http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/...y/knoll-court/
Thank You, do you know if the accommodation is for any students, or Northumbria student specifically ?
bbvii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FIHW)
Thank You, do you know if the accommodation is for any students, or Northumbria student specifically ?
I believe it's for any students, but don't quote me on that. It is mainly Northumbria students however, as it used to be owned by the university.
FIHW
Rep:
?
(Original post by bbvii)
I believe it's for any students, but don't quote me on that. It is mainly Northumbria students however, as it used to be owned by the university.
Thats good, I will have a look at it Thankyou
The Student Housing Company
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FIHW)
Thats good, I will have a look at it Thankyou
Good Morning FIHW,
Would you like some more information on Knoll Court, Newcastle?
We accept students from both Northumbria University & Newcastle University!

If so please drop us an email [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks
Amy
FIHW
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Student Housing Company)
Good Morning FIHW,
Would you like some more information on Knoll Court, Newcastle?
We accept students from both Northumbria University & Newcastle University!

If so please drop us an email [email protected] and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks
Amy

Thank You
tbeyan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FIHW)
Hi, I'm starting this year too and everyone says dont do private accommodation for the first year, you would want to be on campus, no extra hassle, and it would be more complicated since its the first year, after second year you can but yeah first year and doing private accommodation instead of accommodation offered by the uni isnt a good choice.
bbvii
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tbeyan)
Hi, I'm starting this year too and everyone says dont do private accommodation for the first year, you would want to be on campus, no extra hassle, and it would be more complicated since its the first year, after second year you can but yeah first year and doing private accommodation instead of accommodation offered by the uni isnt a good choice.
They're usually referring to private houses, not halls. Knoll Court is a halls of residence and is actually closer than some uni halls, plus is great value for money.
username1188667
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Uni halls or private halls are both good, from what I have seen the private halls in general have better facilities and nicer flats while the uni halls have a bit of better social side to them. I've been in private halls for my first year and I wouldn't say my social life has been lacking at all, either is good I would just focus on the facilities you want then narrow it down to a few good looking places.
TheShieldNewcastle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in here.

You might want to take a look at The Shield student accommodation building in Shieldfield, an 18 minute walk away from campus.

We're a brand new building so you would be the first to live there. We've got both Studios and Cluster apartments, and lots of social rooms like a gym and cinema room so you can get involved in a whole host of events.

Like our Facebook page to have a look at our pictures and competitions:
@TheShieldUK

If you’re interested, check out our website: www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/theshield

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks,
Lucy @ The Shield
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.56%
England (143)
34.88%
Belgium (31)
7.56%
Germany (41)
10%
Spain (9)
2.2%